Chapter 27: Poppin Pills

The nap during lunch was a mistake. When he woke up, Jisung was hit with a very painful headache that he had for the rest of the school day. He would've told his friends, but he didn't want to inconvenience them.
    Playing soft music through his earbuds to focus on, Jisung tried to drown out the loud noises of lockers slamming and teenagers yelling. He was so focused on the song playing that he didn't notice when Felix, Seungmin, and Hyunjin came running up to his locker.
    "Jisung!"
    The boy turned quickly, covering his ears as all of the sounds came flooding back. He had to get out of there. Every closing locker and hearty laugh were far too loud, resonating in his head, bouncing from ear to ear. Jisung took a hand off of his ear long enough to point to the exit, hoping his friends got the hint.
    Luckily, the devil trio followed Jisung out the school doors. "Sorry, it was all too loud." he said once they were in a quieter area. Felix nodded as Seungmin asked, "Are you alright? You're usually fine with the end of the day noise." Jisung smiled a small, forced smile. "I have a killer headache, borderline migraine. I'm gonna try some pain meds once we get home." The others showed up shortly after their little conversation, Hyunjin filling them in on why they were meeting outside. "Alrighty then, let's head that way!"
    Once the group of eight got to Jisung's house, a very common meeting place, Jisung went straight to the kitchen. He searched for a minute in their medicine cabinet, finally finding the ibuprofen hidden in the back on the top shelf. It was, however, just out of his reach. "Where the heck is the stool when I need it?" he said, huffing and putting his hands on his hips. "That stool?" came a voice. When Jisung turned around, he saw Minho pointing to Felix and Hyunjin playing king of the hill with the step stool.
    "Of course."
    Minho laughed at the expression on Jisung's face, walking over and getting the bottle down for the shorter. "Here you go." Jisung smiled thankfully. "Thanks, we boutta pop some pills!" he exclaimed, snapping the top off the bottle. "I need cuddles..." Jisung said, sighing after taking the medicine. "I can provide." Minho responded, opening his arms.
    Blushing harshly, Jisung stepped forward into the welcoming embrace. "You're very hug-able." he pointed out to the cat lover. "Thanks?" Jisung then pulled away from the hug and grabbed Minho's arm, leading him over to the couch and sitting down. As soon as Minho was seated, Jisung cuddled into his side.
    Once again, the glasses-clad boy fell asleep on Minho.