Chapter 36: Preparations

Friday passed in the blink of an eye, nothing special happening except for another bout of laughs at Jisung’s expense. The glasses-clad boy would be dwelling on it if he didn’t have more important things to worry about. Like which outfit he was going to wear on his and Minho’s date. “It’s not like you’re going to a super important event,” Changbin said from his place on Jisung’s bed.
    Chan and Changbin had come over to help Mrs. Han pick out an outfit. “What about this?” she asked, ignoring Changbin’s usual edgy-ness. “It is important! To me, at least,” Jisung said, lightly hitting his friend’s shoulder. “I think this one is nice.” Chan showed Mrs. Han the sweater, a hum of agreement as her reply.
    “Then he should wear these!” Jisung watched as his mother and best friends went through his closet, deciding on about three different outfits for him to wear. “Now, try them on!"
    “Fashion show!”
    “Hurry up, slow-ass.”

    By the time Jisung had tried on all of the outfits and picked one, there was only fifteen minutes until the date. “We still have to accessorize!” Chan yelled. Mrs. Han was just as frantic as him. “There’s fifteen minutes left,” Changbin pointed out, earning himself identical glares from the two moms. “Shut it, Changbin.” The ravenette looked startled by the fact that both Chan and Mrs. Han had said that at the same time.
    With the same tone…
    That sounded a lot like his mother’s…
    After effectively shutting Changbin up, the two were back to fussing over Jisung’s hair and jewelry, putting the finishing touches on him. “Mom…” “Yes?” “What’s up?” Chan and Mrs. Han looked at each other, confused. “I mean my actual mom,” Jisung clarified. Chan gasped, faking shock. “How did you know you’re adopted?” he breathed out, causing laughter from everyone in the room.
    “What is it?” Jisung clasped his hands together, pursing his lips. “Do I look okay?” he asked, turning to face his mother and friends. Mrs. Han smiled gently, Chan gasping loudly. “You look so pretty!” the Aussie boy exclaimed, folding his arms and nodding. “Some of our best work, eh?” Mrs. Han nodded, high-fiving Chan.
    Jisung looked at Changbin, who looked him up and down. “Well?” Jisung asked when he said nothing. “Yeah, yeah… You look… Pretty,” he mumbled out. Jisung smiled brightly. “I mean, shit, if Changbin of all people says I look good!” he said through a grin.
    Five to ten minutes later the doorbell rang. “I’ll get it!” Jisung yelled, knowing he would be followed to the door regardless. The glasses-clad boy stopped in front of the door, hesitating, and took a deep breath. Putting on a smile, he opened the door. Standing there was Minho, holding a pretty little bouquet.
    “Hey…” Jisung breathed out. Minho smiled, handing him the item. “Hey yourself, you look very nice,” the older said. “I guess you could say he looks pretty!” came a shout from inside. Jisung blushed bright red, hiding his face with the flowers and groaning. “I mean… You do look pretty,” Minho whispered to Jisung, who’s blush only deepened.
    “Anyway! Let’s get going!”