Chapter 39: Jeongchan

Sorry for the lack of updates! The first two weekends, we were celebrating mine and my sister's birthdays! Then I couldn't find the time to write! But here it is!

    When the trio got to school, Jeongin grew worried. “This isn’t a good idea,” the youngest whispered to Jisung. “This is a great idea! What’s got your panties in a bunch?” Jisung whispered back, oblivious to the stares Jeongin was getting. “People are looking…” At this, Minho sent a glare around the hallway, effectively stopping most of the staring.
    “Thanks, Minho.” The three finally spotted their morning table, Seungmin, Felix, Changbin, and Hyunjin already there. Jeongin pulled his sleeves down, giving him sweater paws, and played with the ends of them nervously. “I’m gonna go to the bathroom,” he said, turning around. Minho, who knows how Jeongin can be, turned the younger back around and took hold of his shoulders. “Jeongin, if you don’t wanna do this, we won’t make you. If you wanna go wash off the makeup, go ahead.”
    Jeongin huffed, trying to decide if that was what he wanted. “I- I guess… I’ll just…” Taking a deep breath, Jeongin started walking toward their table. Jisung and Minho shared a look before following him. The three sat down like nothing was out of the ordinary. “Good morning, guys!” Hyunjin said loudly, eyes landing on Jeongin.
    “You look different!” the lanky boy said. Seungmin looked up from his phone, Felix and Changbin already having taken notice. “It looks stupid, doesn’t it?” Jeongin said, pouting. “No, it looks nice.” Everyone looked at Changbin expectantly. “What?” “Binnie, tell Jeongin he looks nice,” Felix whispered to him. “Oh… Well, he does look nice.”
    Jeongin let out a breath of relief, playing with the ends of his sleeves again. “But Innie, why are you all dolled up?” Seungmin asked. Jeongin looked up at him, looking at Jisung, then back at him. “Because I have a crush on Chan! And Jisung and Minho said I should wow him and make him make the first move! But if he doesn’t make the first move, then I should!”
    After his explanation, Jeongin hid his face in his sweater paws. "That's adorable!" Hyunjin squealed, grabbing onto Seungmin and smiling brightly. Just as he was about to say something else, Changbin nudged his shoulder. "If you guys don't want him to know, shut up. He's coming," he said. Minho started a conversation about something totally random, trying to act normal.
    "Hey guys!" Chan said as he sat down. Jisung discreetly pulled Jeongin's hands away from his face, smiling at the oldest. "Hey, Chan!" Chan nodded, looking around the table, his wandering eyes stopping on Jeongin. "Hey, Innie! I like your makeup, it looks nice," he said smiling. "Thanks…" Jeongin replied quietly.
    "Can I talk to you real quick? In private?"
    Jeongin nodded, the two standing up and walking out of the cafeteria. Jisung immediately looked at Changbin. "What do you know, ripped jeans wearing headass?" Changbin made a face, looking at Jisung with a smirk. "Them's fightin' words. Not the words of someone who wants to know something." he said, his smirk turning into an evil grin.
    "Oh awesome and lovely Changbin, my bestie, one of the best people in the world… What. Do. You. Know." Changbin nodded, satisfied. "Chan's asking him out," he said, nonchalant and cool. Jaws dropped. "And he didn't tell me?" Jisung all but yelled. "You," Changbin pointed an accusing finger at Jisung. "Are a blabbermouth. Almost as bad as these two," he said, turning to point at an offended Felix and Hyunjin.
    Before Jisung could say something witty back, Jeongin and Chan had come back to the table. When the two sat down, everyone was staring at them expectantly. "You told them, didn't you?" Chan said to Changbin, who nodded. Chan smiled and looked at Jeongin. "I may or may not have a boyfriend now."
    "Well? Do you?" Felix asked. It seems to be a rather common occurrence, Felix being stared at with dumbfounded expressions by his friends. Looking around the table, the Aussie boy's face grew a deep shade of red as he hid it in Changbin's shoulder.
    "Nevermind…"