You dont understand

Jack's POV
I walked back home and my phone went off. It was Madison.
Madison💞💞: babe I'm gonna be home in a week my dad isn't looking good. :(
Me: okay babe I miss you and Megan I hope he gets better :(
I clicked off my phone and the memory of Melody getting slapped played in my head. I needed to help her.
Melody's POV
"MELODY!" Jack yelled. My eyes grew wide. I looked by the tree and he was gone. Why does he care so much? It's not like we dated. "Who the hell was that?" Austin yelled. "I don't know." I stuttered. He laughed. "Your lying." He said to me. I swallowed hard. "Lying has consequences." He spat. I closed my eyes. Don't cry Melody. He kissed my lips sloppily. "Goodnight princess." He smirked. He walked inside and left. I began to breath hard I ran my hand through my hair. I put my head in my hands and began to cry. I walked in my room and got in my bed. I slowly drifted asleep.
Next morning
I woke up and sighed. I decided to go on a walk. I got up and put on a white loose crop top and my Nike pro dri-fit pants. I put my hair in s ponytail. I grabbed my phone and my headphones and walked out the door. I put on a little too much by Shawn Mendes. I felt like I knew him before but I didn't.
Jack's POV
I decided to go on a walk with Bailey our dog. I started to walk when I saw someone walking. Melody. I ran towards her. "Melody!" I smiled. She turned around and looked at me. Her face fell. "Oh uh hi." She said softly. "Hey maybe we can go out or on another wa-" before i could say anything she cut me off. "Jack...I need you to stay away from me." She said softly. "What why?" I exclaimed. "Jack you don't understand." She said emotionless. "Melody I saw him hit you." I told her and grabbed her gentle hand. She quickly pulled away. "Just please get out of my life I don't know what you think I don't even know you, you're saying you were my boyfriend but Austin is my fiancé and I love him very much and he loved me." She said sternly. I chuckled slightly. "Melody that's not love." I told her. "Then what is." She said emotionless. "This." I said to her and crashed my lips into hers.