ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ sɪx

⭑・*:༅。.。༅:*゚:*:✼✿  ✿✼:*゚:༅。.。༅:*・゚゚・⭑

The cantina was almost completely empty

The cantina was almost completely empty. The curtains of the windows were shut, but through the little slot, Eliora was able to see the sky. The sun couldn't almost be seen anymore, but the sky was still filled with beautiful colors. The golden rays of the remaining sun gave a bright red color to the clouds, meadows, mountains and walleys of D'Qar. The red colors especially caught Eliora's eyes. It reminded herself of Tatooine, when she used to watch the sunset to calm herself down. It used to be the only time of the day when she could relax and forget her past. And even tho it was only for a few minutes each day, Eliora enjoyed every single second of it.

So the brunette made her way out and just sat herself on the grass. She breathed in the scent. Engine oil smell filled the air, but it didn't bother Eliora at all. It was just another reminder that this was real. And that she was really here. Therefore she laid herself down and enjoyed the sunset, while listening to the distant voices and animal sounds. She felt the grass tickling her exposed skin on her arm. And she just remembered what happened the day. She got to fly in an actual X- wing. The amazing thing was, that it wouldn't be her last time. It would be her first one and one of many other times. And she grinned silently to herself, this was just the beginning of her journey. With everything happening, she truly felt alive, happy. But what Eliora didn't know: Happiness was just a temporary thing and maybe sometimes it is better not to begin a journey, than being hurt while having it.

"Am I disturbing?", A familiar voice made Eliora jump up. Her eyes widened, but immediately relaxed when she came into sight with him. Derik. She softly smiled, while his laugh was now the only thing Eliora could hear. No more distant voices, nor animal sounds, only his laugh. His deep laugh made Eliora shivering for a second. "You scared me.", Eliora shrugged. The blonde boy now sat himself next to her, still having a wide grin playing on his face. "Wasn't my intention." Eliora just chuckled. "But for the record: you're not disturbing. I guess I was trapped in my thoughts you know." Eliora looked up at Derik, his freckles now being more visible than ever. He definitely showered, because his blonde hair was damp, but still perfectly combed back.

"You're daydreaming too much.", the blonde guy whispered. "I am not", Eliora whispered back, now looking directly into his blue eyes. And there was something hidden behind those eyes. It looked like longing and caring. Eliora just couldn't stop herself from intensely staring into them. There was something strange about it. Something different than the caring an the longing. But she just couldn't figure out what. Her thoughts were interrupted by a cough, making her eyes shift to the ground again. Eliora felt blood rushing into her cheeks. "I was just going to ask you something.", Derik began.

Eliora now shifted uncomfortably. Her heart began to race a bit and she felt her hands getting sweaty. The girl immediately wiped them on her trousers, now nodding at Derik. He leaned closer, now only centimeters away from her face. She could see every single detail of his face. From the freckles, to his imperfect but also perfect nose, to his full lips and again to his eyes. Green sparks danced in his blue eyes, a yellowish ring around his pupil. Nearly the same color as Chloe's. "I would like to take you out tomorrow."