ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ɴɪɴᴇᴛᴇᴇɴ

⭑・*:༅。.。༅:*゚:*:✼✿  ✿✼:*゚:༅。.。༅:*・゚゚・⭑

"Why her?", Poe was the last one leaving, waiting patiently until everyone around the General disappeared and went to get ready for the mission

"Why her?", Poe was the last one leaving, waiting patiently until everyone around the General disappeared and went to get ready for the mission. The General, who had looked at her datapad, slowly looked up at the Commander, blinking her eyes, then raising her eyebrows. She knew he had been standing there the whole time, Leia just waited until he began to speak. And she also knew what Poe's question would be. Or rather what his problem with the situation would be. Well- she would've known anyway, because Poe was the onesdy person who would always say his honest opinion about the situation. Only when it came to missions. "This again?", she asked. This had happened before. Right before the other mission. Would she have to go through all of this everything time she would send Eliora anywhere?

Poe scoffed when he saw Leia's face. She looked so- annoyed? Like she knew this would happen. He shook his head and bit his lip. He repeated himself. "You could choose literally anyone, but you still chose her? Again? Why her?" Leia's face fell a bit, but it still held amusement. "Why.. not..?", she questioned, teasing the pilot. Poe let out a groan at that. Not this again. "Come on, Leia-" "General." Sometimes the General really annoyed him. Of course he wouldn't be able to say it, because well- it was still the General! But at this moment he had almost let it slip. Luckily, only almost.

"Yeah, sorry, General." That didn't make the situation any better. He shouldn't have said 'General' in that tone. It didn't matter. "She's new here. You could have chosen everyone. It's always her on the most difficult missions. And this is only the beginning! She's a pilot, not a ground fighter." Leia looked back at the datapad. "Only two missions." This woman was competitive. "So far!" Leia thought for a second. "You said she was a pilot right?" Poe nodded carefully, clearly confused. The General had definitely already known that. With no doubt. So why-

"I can also send her into the sky? Next to you piloting-" Poe's eyes widened. "Definitely no!" The princess smirked at him. "What's better?" Poe groaned. "You don't understand me! Nothing's good. She should stay here. Next to you. Where she's safe." The General laughed lightly. "You sound like an overprotective boyfriend.", she pointed out, leaving the professionalism out. "Maybe I am!" Leia squinted her eyebrows. "No- I'm not. Damn, we-we're not. Yet. Wait what?" He shook his head, trying to compose his thoughts. Why now, now when he tried to have a serious conversation with the General? "I- I mean I- I wish we- Doesn't matter. I'm only the second part." Leia smirked. "A boyfriend?" Poe's eyes widened. "No! No, I- I mean only the first part? That was the protective one, right? I'm protective. B-because-"

"Because you love her." Poe licked his lips. Was that true? "I wouldn't have put it that way- I like her very much." Leia sighed, getting professional again. "Listen, Commander. I understand that you're a lovesick pilot right now. Been there, too.", she began. "And that you're absolutely protective. That you don't want anything to happen to her." Poe nodded furiously. That was it! "But-" Of course there was a 'but', there was always one. "She's a really good fighter. She's perfectly fit for that mission. I would've said something if I hadn't thought she was a good choice. But she is." Poe groaned. "She has been to one mission. Yeah, I know she's great, but why would you know? Why do you trust her so much?"