ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛy-ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ

⭑・*:༅。.。༅:*゚:*:✼✿  ✿✼:*゚:༅。.。༅:*・゚゚・⭑

The brunette girl stumbled into cockpit of the ship, silently greeting Chewie

The brunette girl stumbled into cockpit of the ship, silently greeting Chewie. Finn and Rey were in the back and Eliora hadn't seen one person yet. The thought of it made her body shiver. "Where's Han?", she slowly asked, her body leaning against the co- pilot seat of the Falcon. Chewie turned around to look at her, the Falcon was on auto- pilot, so there was no need to worry. They were in the middle of hyperspace, closely followed by the fleet of X- wings.

Chewie roared. And Eliora let out a sigh of relief. Chewie had bandaged him and brought him to a small room in the back of the Falcon. "Thank the force.", she whispered to herself. Her own wound didn't matter in that situation. What mattered was the safety of her friends. The safety of her father figure. And she was more than relieved to hear that Han was only unconscious and there was nothing big to worry about. Chewie growled again, which made Eliora chuckle a little bit, the first smile since she had heard the news.

Han was always a nerf- herder, he would pass out because of anything.

The term 'nerf- herder' sounded strangely familiar, but Eliora did not ask further. Chewie was just joking around and probably wanted to cheer Eliora up. He had seen her face. Eliora did not blame Han for passing out, his wound was bigger than hers, deeper than hers. And she also had to fight with staying conscious, trying to ignore the pain. It had been a moment full of shock and confusion. The wound Kylo had caused Han only made it worse. Everyone would have passed out in that situation.

Chewie turned around and Eliora's face fell immediately. She remembered Kylo's words.

They all knew.

Did Chewbacca know too? Her breath hitched at the thought of that. She did not want to blame people because of her own miserable feelings, but in that moment everyone seemed like a traitor. She didn't know whom and whom not to trust anymore. Who had known? Who had not told her? She shook her head and made her way down, rather stumbled, the halls of the Falcon, searching a place where she could be all alone for the way back home. Or rather- back to base? Was it her home, really? She thought it was, but was her home not where her family is?

She let out a frustrated sigh. Her home was the resistance. Nothing had changed. She was just overwhelmed and overthinking.

She slid down the wall and suddenly a wave of recognition washed over her. She had cried here before. When she thought Poe had died, her back slid down the exact same wall.
And just like that time, the tears were beginning to well in her eyes. She did not want to let them out, she wanted to prove that she was stronger than that, but only one thought to what Kylo had said brought her back to the crashing reality.

She was the daughter of Luke Skywalker and she could not deny that.

Because it was the bittersweet truth.