ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛy-ᴏɴᴇ

⭑・*:༅。.。༅:*゚:*:✼✿  ✿✼:*゚:༅。.。༅:*・゚゚・⭑

"How did you get away?", Finn whispered

"How did you get away?", Finn whispered. Eliora awkwardly stood in the back of them both, not wanting to interrupt their moment. "I can't explain it. And you wouldn't believe it." Eliora quickly caught on what had happened. Probably something to do with the force. She smiled at Rey. Han interrupted their moment. "Escape now, hug later."

Eliora watched the sky carefully. The X- wings roared across the sky, trying their best to avoid the incoming TIE- fighters and missiles. Her breath caught into her throat as she watched the battle. It didn't look good for the X- wings at all. She searched for one specifically, but in this mess she just couldn't find the X- wings belonging to the black leader. She just hoped that Poe was alright. Behind her, Han, Finn, Rey and Chewie came to a halt as their eyes met the sky and watched the lop- sided battle.

Han sighed. "They're in trouble, we can't leave." Eliora only nodded in agreement. She couldn't leave with her friends fighting for their lives. She needed to do something about it. Han turned to Eliora, speaking of Chewie. "My friend here has a bag full of explosives. Let's use 'em." Eliora bit her lip, glancing at the sky one last time. She would not let them die. Would not let the resistance be destroyed. So the brunette girl agreed almost immediately and went with Rey and Finn.

Running inside from a parked snow speeder, Rey opened a hatch. Eliora knew that Rey knew her stuff best, so she didn't interfere. The girl reached into the mechanics of the junction station and pulled at something. She yanked at a piece of TECH from the machinery and Eliora watched it with widened eyes. "And what did that do?", Finn asked with raised eyebrows. Rey let out a short laugh. "It should have opened the hatch that leads to the oscillator structure. Han and Chewie need to go that way." Eliora smiled and nodded her head. She just hoped that it had worked. The snow speeder stopped in front of the structure. Eliora grew worried as she glanced up at the sky, seeing the sun had nearby vanished.

The grey- haired man finished setting a charge of the explosives and was just about to move on when he heard a noise. He quickly hid, peaking around the edge, seeing a masked man. No, the masked man. Kylo Ren himself. His son. The boy- not man- headed directly into the direction Han was hiding. And knowing some basic stuff about the force, he knew that his son had most likely already known that he was on base. The old man nonetheless still hid in a Power chamber in the wall. Kylo Ren continued to head to where Han was hiding, feeling the presence of his father. But when he stood directly where the feeling came from, he saw no one. Maybe he had mistaken himself. So the second in command of the First Order turned around and walked across the opposite side of the flat bridge. The only thing Han heard was the clanking of his son's shoes when they came into touch with the black bridge.

That would have been Han's opportunity to leave. Leave the base and go back to Chewie and the others. He had almost done so, but Leia's words echoed through his mind. If you see our son, bring him back. And it was a promise Han knew he couldn't promise to hold. Though, he did. He promised Leia he would bring their son back. And the importance of Leia in his life couldn't even be described by any words in the world. He had made a promise and he had to at least try. To let her know that he had tried. And as stupid as it sounded, he moved out of his hiding place, to the edge of the bridge and called out.