ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ɴɪɴᴇ

⭑・*:༅。.。༅:*゚:*:✼✿  ✿✼:*゚:༅。.。༅:*・゚゚・⭑

Eliora watched as pilots rushed around the resistance base

Eliora watched as pilots rushed around the resistance base. Many had a wide grin on their face. Today were the flight exams. The last step to becoming a pilot. If Eliora succeeded, she would be able to join a squadron. To actually be a part of the resistance. She would be able to go on missions, to actually help the resistance instead of staying on the ground and studying. And the brunette practiced. A lot. This was her dream and she would do anything to fulfill it. She was only a step away from it. And she wouldn't let anything ruin it. Not now, not ever.

The brunette looked around and smiled when she came into view with these familiar dark brown eyes. The ones of her best friend, Aayla. She was there for her from day one and she knew, she exactly knew, that she would be there from now on. Always. Next to Aayla, stood Jess, her pilot girlfriend. Both of them had wide smiles on their faces and waved to Eliora with their free hands. The other one was tangled with the one of their partners, almost exactly like they just fitted together. "Hi.", Eliora smiled softly when she stepped in front of them and hugged them. They just chuckled at her. Eliora's cheeks were flushed, which either meant she was embarrassed, or excited. But both of them knew that right then, she was excited, probably even more than that. Eliora also had some sweat building on her forehead.

The orange flight suit, which was way too big for her, almost slipped off her shoulder. She looked like a mess, but she was happy. And both of her friends knew that. "Aayla will start, then it's going to be you.", Jess began explaining. "You will fly this flight route over there.", she pointed at it. "You see the target over there?" Both of the girls nodded. "You have to hit the target at least three times.", the brunette pilot continued. Eliora was nervous at first, but taking a deep breath, she knew she could do that. She had practiced much more difficult things with Jess. "Then fly over the trees and come back. The landing has to be save, or it will cause some bad rating." Both Eliora and Aayla chuckled nervously at Jess. When Aayla began walking to the X- wing, Jess stopped Eliora for a second.

"You can easily do it, I know that Eliora. You are the best recruit we have, and I would lie if I said that you weren't better than some of our actual pilots. I don't know how you're doing it, but you're already amazing. So please don't be nervous and don't tell Aayla what I just said.", she laughed. Eliora smiled at this. Jess was right. She indeed was pretty good at flying. Eliora couldn't explain why, because before the resistance, she had never flown a ship. When she was flying there was always this feeling, like it wanted to guide Eliora through it. And when she accepted it, she got even better. But again, she couldn't explain what it was. Like something that wanted to help her, a feeling that told her what she had to do. She felt crazy, really, and didn't tell it anyone, but she knew it was real, she felt it.

The moment she wanted to put on her helmet, Eliora was interrupted by someone coughing behind her. The brunette just shrugged it of, thinking it was meant for someone else, but when the person coughed again, she turned around. And everything seemed like it was in slow motion. The moment she met these familiar dark brown eyes she felt something, she felt home. She felt like she belonged there. Her eyes roamed the person standing in front of her for a second. She knew it from the brown eyes on, Poe Dameron. It was only confirmation when she saw the red- orange flight suit and his dark brown curls, as well as the stupid smirk playing on his lips. Only when Beebe rolled from behind him she felt like she could move again. She hadn't expected him to come back so early.