ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ sᴇᴠᴇɴ

⭑・*:༅。.。༅:*゚:*:✼✿  ✿✼:*゚:༅。.。༅:*・゚゚・⭑

There was a weird tension on the table

There was a weird tension on the table. Something was off, this was at least what Chloe, Aayla, Karé and Jess assumed. Because normally, the pilots would cheer and make any stupid jokes on the table, but right then, everything was quiet. The three boys only looked at their plates, or gave each other a few weird glances. But they didn't say anything. Not a single word, sound our anything. So the girls assumed something was wrong. And now Aayla and Chloe were a bit concerned, because Eliora hadn't come back all night. Thinking she would be with Derik, they just shrugged it of.

The most shattered, strange acting person on the table was Poe. He was just sitting there, staring at his plate. A frown spread across his face, eyebrows furried and a very worried look on his face. But that wasn't the only thing. He was wearing the exact same clothes as the day before, even his jacket, that he normally took off for breakfast. The pilot's hair was also ruffled, standing in every direction, but in the way Poe wanted it to. And that was suspicious. Because Poe's hair always looked good, perfectly combed back. Even after a flight in his X- wing with wearing his helmet, his hair didn't look that bad. And when Poe ruffled his hair again, letting out a silent groan, Aayla couldn't watch anymore. Something was seriously wrong and she wanted to know what it was.

"Kriff, just tell us what happened.", Aayla blurted out, gaining a worried expression from Jess. But when no one of the boys reacted, she groaned and threw her head on the table. This was awkward and annoying. For everyone. "What happened?", Chloe carefully asked Yolo. The blonde male pilot immediately turned around, gazing into her bright blue eyes. His eyes shifted to Snap for a second, silently asking him what to do. But Snap just shrugged and chewed his lip. He didn't want to make this more uncomfortable than it already was. Yolo didn't answer, what meant something was clearly wrong. Because everyone on the table knew that Yolo would do anything for Chloe, including telling her all his secrets and never keeping something for himself.

Chloe watched as her brother, Derik, walked into the cantina, a look full of anger and confusion written on his face. Nothing the girl had ever seen before. And when he looked into their direction, she could almost see the burning flames behind his eyes and feel the unlimited anger coming from him. For a moment, Chloe thought that his gaze was drawn to her. She thought for a minute, going through possibilities of what she did wrong, but then saw that Derik's blue eyes weren't drawn on her. They were drawn on the person sitting across from her. And it was Poe Dameron. The resistance's best pilot. Chloe took a deep breath, trying to comprehend the situation.

While it took a few seconds for Chloe to puzzle the pieces in her head, Aayla knew it immediately. When her eyes shifted to Derik's filled with anger ones, she was confused. But then the girl looked around the male, seeing no sign of Eliora. And then everything made sense. Something must've happened. Aayla's facial expression grew worried, a frown slowly crossing her face. The black haired girl almost prayed that she was wrong. That nothing happened and Eliora would step into the cantina any minute. But as desperately as Aayla wanted to see her friend, she didn't. And realization hit her. She was probably right.