Chapter nineteen - The Meeting pt. 2

~Live POV 

"Thank you Gwenever" 

"Please call me Gwen" with that she walked of into a crowd of young girls all babbling on about something or other. 

"What did she want?" Pam came up from behind me, her face covered in chocolate. 

"Pam I know you like chocolate but some form of manners is necessary" 

"Don't you go on about my life choices, I do what I like and I don't care what anyone says" 

"Are you sure about that Pamella?" Tom Riddle had snuck up behind Pam who almost jumped out of her skin, tossing a chocolate covered strawberry into the punch bowl beside her. 

"Riddle! Leave me alone! And as a matter of fact I do not care what you think!" She stormed of to the other side of the room hoarding her plate filled with confectionery treats. 

"Hello Tom, what a pleasure it is to see you" I scuffed, he was wearing a plain black suit that fit him perfectly. 

 "I just wanted to say hello to my new friend, and ask what Carrol wanted with you" 

"It's Gwen and when did we establish friendship?" he let out a small chuckle. 

"Gwen is it now, well, what did Gwen what?" His dark eyes met mine and he took a step closer. 

"Well, Answer me Dear Live" his voice was deep but smooth, he raised his eyebrows slightly still staring into my soul and continued to close the gap between us. 

"She just wanted to say hello, no need..." he was playing a game so I decided to turn the tables. "To get jealous, dear Tom" I whispered softly, still not breaking eye contact. I couldn't help but smirk as I watched his pupils dilate rapidly and he took in a deep breath. 

"Jealous, why would I..." I stepped closer and I began to moved my hand to brush it over lightly over Toms. I could feel his hand shaking beneath mine. "Why would I, what Tom?" 

"Bbb-EE" cough "Be jealous" he exhaled deeply.

 "Because my Dear Tom, she was talking your new friend" I felt his hand turn and lace his fingers in mine.

All of a sudden he grabbed my hand and yanked it up to his ear, pulling my body up so my face is level with his. I had to stand on the tips of my heels to make sure I wouldn't fall once and if he let me go. I wasn't scared, on the contrary I was amused at the fact I could have such a strong influence on him. "I don't give a shit about Carrol, Dear Live and stop using your little Veela powers to get in my head, it doesn't work on me. Got it!" He snapped slamming my hand on the table, then retreating back to the corner where his friends were.

 I watched silently. 

I so wanted to tell him. 

But I found it just to funny watching his anger rise and knuckles turn white. 

To tell him I wasn't using any Veela Magic.

"God thought he'd never leave you alone" Pam came round the table her plate already empty. "When are you going to accept the fact that you guys have a thing for each other?" 

"Whenever he's man enough to tell me him self" 

"Oh no don't go calling Tom not manly he might just kiss you!" She said childishly giggling to her self. 

"Oh god no" I said, not knowing if it was true of a lie. I would be lying to myself if I said he wasn't attractive but to what extent? 

"Enjoying the food?" I looked down at her newly filled plate. 

"Mmuh, you should try some" handing me a chocolate covered marshmallow, which I devoured. I had forgotten I'd skipped lunch I picked up my plate of the table and began to place items on it. Unlike Pam's plate my snacks weren't all covered in a thick layer of chocolate.

 We both agreed that while our company was nice we needed to socialise with some other students. "Hello boys what a pleasure to see you all tonight" I said approaching Toms and his knights. They were all wearing different coloured suits Malfoy's was emerald green, Nott's was navy blue, Lastrange's was grey and Avery's suit was a deep purple.Each of them treated me with a warm smile all accept Tom who refused to make eye contact. 

"Hey Live, Hey Pam" The boys spoke in unison. Tom just nodded before turning back to the drink in his hand. 

"What did you do to him, he's been completely quiet ever since he came back from talking to you?" Avery leaned in and whispered, which of course was noticed but Tom, but he just shot a cold look at Avery. "See" 

"I said hello that was all" 

"cut the crap, Live you do crazy things to him that I've never seen before and I've been his friend longer that anyone in this room" 

 "I told him not to be petty about me making new friends, he got a little... um upset that I wasn't talking to him" I reassured Avery that their was nothing more and that I didn't threaten him in anyway shape or form. Avery seemed happy that Tom was as he put it 'getting out their' and told me to keep him updated.

 "So Live, i saw Carrol talking to you earlier, what did she want, she normally only talks to people who she dubs worth her time" Malfoy Asked taking a sip out of his cup.

 "She wanted to introduce her self, you see Lives famous in this school, haven't you noticed" Pam said smiling at me. 

"Yes she seemed nice but I'm going to see what Alexa has on her. She's bound to know something" 

"good idea that woman knows more about you that you do" the boys looked baffled at Pams comments. Each eager to ask their own questions. 

"Hudson, you mean your going to ask Alexa Hudson a question and expect a sane answer?" Nott scoffed

"Alexa knows everything about everyone don't test her abilities she's good" Pam shot back.

 "I agree with Pam on this one I wouldn't know half the stuff I do if it wasn't for Alexa" I added which made Pams shoot me a small smile. 

"Lady's and gentlemen please I believe it's time for dinner" Slughorn boomed across the room, and with a flick of his wand and a large round table with chairs appeared with a draped table cloth and sets of cutlery. Everyone began to take their places on the table. 

The order went: Slughorn then two Ravenclaws, a Hufflepuff, Tom, Malfoy, Lastrange, Nott, Pam, Me , Avery, then finally a Gryffindor girl. 

Soon food appeared on the tables and everyone began to dig in. Conversations sparked between the students clearly I was the only new one here. "Hey you'll be fine everyone here is actually kinda nice, don't be scared" Avery said sympathetically. 

I wasn't worried about what the student would think it was mainly the questions that would be asked. Currently I was more focused on eating then coming up with a false identity for myself which matched up to all of the other lies I've told today. 

But as I finally managed to push the thought out of my head I heard Slughorn speak...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The story continues....

Part 3 will be posted soon so just you wait. Follow me for any notices on the book and feel free to comment what you think might happen next. 

Thank you for 200 votes it really means a lot to a person who took up writing as hobby. 

Hope you have a great day, stay safe 

T.