Chapter forty one - Mischief

T.W. Death 

Narrators POV -

-December 31st, New Year's Eve

Tom woke to the blonde snuggled into his side. The light from the sun glistening, making her look god like, not that she already wasn't in his eyes. He brushed his hand through her long hair and smiled. She stirred awake hugging him tighter. "Happy birthday" she muttered. Tom let out a sigh "Thanks love".

 "I know you don't like the celebration but it's your 17th birthday" she tried comforting him. "And why is that so special?" He sighed again rolling over on his side. He felt her hands still hugging him tight, "have you really lost all of your brain cells? Now you can use magic outside of school." The girl beside him will never know why he hates this day, and he planned on keeping it that way, her efforts to comfort him were feeble but he liked them non the less, she knew not to pester him and will probably not mention it till the year after. But she had a point. Now was really the time to act.

Lives birthday is in January and everyone else's was later in the year. He held this power over them and has done for a while but now he could truly put it to good use. "No my dear, my brain cells are all still here" muttering he turned over and placed a gentle kiss on her forehead before they both fell asleep in each other's arms once more.

-January 10th, start of new term.

"This is the hogwarts express, right?" the eleven of them had lined up on platform 9 3/4 with all of their luggage placed neatly on trolleys. Gwens cat had been looked after by her brothers while she was over at the Grindelwald mansion but was now safely tucked in a fluffy cage, meowing in response to words exchanged. Almost as if they were trying to be apart of the conversations. 

"Oh yeah I forget you've only been on it once before" Alexa had unloaded her trolly and stood next the the blonde staring at the locomotive. "So what do you think of the incredible express?" Avery gestured grandly at the train with its gold and black paint surrounded by clouds of grey smoke.

 "It's...cute"

"cute! Just cute, this is out ticket to the wizarding world of education and you call it cute" he laughed, "come on everyone or their won't be any compartments left" This time it was Janelle who was shouting as she boarded the train. Most of the group followed suit and as Live was about to follow a familiar hand snaked around her waist. 

"I have to go to the prefects compartment, will you be alright on your own?" His voice calmed her completely, "I believe it is you, who needs to be asked that question my dear" he kissed the crook of her neck. "Tom, please not here, people are watching" she laughed causing him to halt, she turned around and smiled. "I like you a lot" she said before stepping onto the train. "I like you at lot more" he smiled back following her inside then one last good bye kiss before they parted ways. 

Live found herself in a compartment with Alexa, Janelle, Gwen, Pam and Theo. "The compartment wasn't big enough for the ten of us so we spilt up, their in the compartment next door" Pam said putting on one of her hoodies, she always gets cold. "We saw the, how would you say, passionate, good bye you gave your boyfriend, I thought we were keeping things Pg for the first years" Gwen smirked taking a bite out of her chocolate bar. "Please that was barely even a 12A compared to you, plus he'll miss me"

 "That is true, He Worships that diary you gave him" Live placed her luggage in the storage above listing to her friends laugh. They were all exited for the new term, learning new things and getting back to their second home. 

But they were also worried, worried about getting caught.

As soon as they'd stepped on to the cold stone of hogwarts castle, a feeling of nostalgia washed over all of them. They were home. Alexa swing her arm over Live and together the group strolled up the pathways leading to the hall for the opening ceremony. "I've never been more excited to start a new term" Gwen squealed, skipping along with the crowd. "Yeah, excited that's the word" Janelle smiled.