Chapter thirty- DOUBLE FLYING!

~Lives POV 

The lesson ended and Gwen, Alexa and I began to mentally prepare ourselves for the two hours of utter hell. 

We met up with Pam and Janelle just by the path leading to the training grounds. Pam was leading agents a wall with a book in her hand. Janelle was pacing in circles, tapping her feet impatiently. Her eyes lit up when when we came around the corner. 

"Finally! I've been waiting forever!" Janelle shouted running toward us. 

"Nice to see you too Janelle" Alexa said, as we joined Pam. 

"Hey guys" Pam said packing the book she was reading into her bag. 

"I'm so exited I haven't been flying for what feels like ages!" Janelle smiled, as we stepped onto the pitch. 

"But you had practice yesterday" Gwen laughed. 

"I know but that was formal this is free flowing and I get to do it with you guys" 

"Hello, youse lot" As soon as we stepped onto the pitch Avery, dressed in his Slytherin robes, greater us with open arms. 

"Hey Avery" we replied in unison. Avery was always the nicest of the knights. 

"I see Janelle's rearing to go" he pointed out. 

"Of course i am! give me a minute and I'll get changed"Janelle grabbed her uniform and dashed towards the changing rooms. 

"And I thought I was exited" Avery said, "Spare brooms are to the right and you can leave your bags and robes by the wall" He added before joining the group of boys in matching uniforms, 

"why are they all men?" I asked realising the team was only made up of boys.

 "There are no specific rules stating that women can't be on a quidditch team but for of the old and traditional purebloods, it's frowned upon. Janelle is the first female captain, Rolanda Hooch was the first female on a team followed by Minerva McGonagall. They let you tryout, they have to let you tryout, but they won't let you be apart of the team." Alexa said looking longingly at the Quidditch uniforms. 

"How do they get away with that!" I exclaimed horrified at the things Alexa had just told me. 

"Avery has been campaigning to get a diverse team for years now but he just gets made fun off"Pam said looking down. 

"Even if you are the best player in the world, you won't get a chance to prove it."

 "Thats not fair!" I shouted catching glances from other students. 

"What's not fair?" I turned around and and my eyes met with Toms. 

"Girls aren't aloud to be on the Quidditch team because their girls!" I almost screamed, startling Tom quite a bit. 

"I have know idea. Avery says that they won't let them on because their-um..." He began, but Gwen cut him of.

 "Breasts, it's not a bad word, you can say breasts" She snapped, startling Tom even more. "Well their- Breasts might get In the way when they play" You could almost see the smoke coming out of my nose. 

"But-but it might not" He stumbled, trying to please the four angry girls in front of him

 "Hey guys, what did I miss" I was so distracted by the sexism at this school that I completely forgot about Janelle. She was dresses in an over sized t-shirt and long shorts. Exactly what the boys were wearing. It was tight in the wrong places and did not look comfortable to play a high end sports in.