Chapter twenty one - Meanwhile

~Start of Flashback

~Alexa's POV 

"They've been gone for almost 2 hours, Slughorns Meetings couldn't be that interesting could they?" Janelle lay in my bed looking up at the ceiling.

 "Well maybe if we were any good at potions we could go"

 "maybe next time we can be their plus ones?" 

"That would be cool, but I would probably go in my pjs I hate having to squeeze into a dress three sizes down for other people's pleasure"

 I nod I wasn't as slim as Live , as muscular as Janelle or as small as Pam, I was just me. I've always been a little insecure about my body shape but I've come to terms with that fact I am beautiful and Janelle clearly felt the same. 

"Yes I love dressing up but I prefer to transform other people it's nice to see my work on others, but sometimes I do feel like just dressing up for my self." We both nod 

"The image of what a woman's 'suppose' to look like was created by a man, not by them selves" the level of understanding grew massively tonight. Janelle and I knew the pressures of what we are expected to do as a girl, but we both disagree with them heavily. I always thought Janelle to be stuck up an cocky, but she was just confident, and I felt confident with her. Something I haven't felt in a long time.

"should we just raid the kitchens again and steal all the snacks?" A large grin spread across Janelle's face at the mention of food. 

"Yes come on then" we raised from our beds and made our way down the long corridors dreaming about the amount of food we could eat. 

We ended up getting to the exit of the girls common room still chatting and laughing. Janelle was lovely company. 

We opened the door just to see Theo slip out the door clutching an old leather brown book in his hand. "Was that Wright?"

 "Yeh, what's he doing this late?" 

"Did you see the book he was holding?"

 "No, what was it?" 

"Live and Pam are of on an adventure I say let's go on our own!" Janelle cheered. We both pulled out our wands from our pockets and nodded. We slipped out the stone door I was keeping watch making sure no one saw us. I watched Theo slip round the corridor to the left. 

"This way" I motioned for Janelle to follow. "Lumos" she muttered under her breath "no, put it out he might see the light" I whispered back.

"oh sorry, Nox"

 "take my hand so we don't get lost" Janelle took my hand and I rushed down the corridors trying not to wake up the portraits to give our position away. 

We soon caught up to Theo he was slowly walking down with his wand a light. He was looking around franticly, he was worried about something.

"What do you reckon he's worried about?" Janelle shrugged as we ducked down another corridor following him. 

This game of cat and mouse carried on for ages. We always followed closely hiding from his gaze. I could fell the adrenaline cursing through my veins, Janelle was a quidditch player so she was used to the rush. 

But then it stopped. 

Theo bolted down a corridor as fast as he could. We quickly followed but he was always a corridor ahead. 

"We're losing him" Janelle said quickening her pace.

 "Faster" we began to run trying to chasing down Theo.