Chapter twenty two - Friends

~Lives POV 

"So you believe Theo broke in to the restricted section, to steel a book?" Alexa asked, I couldn't risk telling them about the hallows not now at least. 

"Yes, it makes sense but what type of book would it be on? Creatures? Spells? Artefacts? The possibility are endless" Tom spoke raising a hand to brush it though his hair worryingly. 

"Tom your a student book person right, can't you just look in and see if one of the shelves Is missing a book?" Janelle looked at Tom who shook his head.

 "It would take days to look though the restricted section, and that's with breaks for food and sleep, and I'm technically not supposed to be in there so it would have to be done at night" We continued to toy with ideas about what type of book Theo had and what had made him run for his life. Abraxas even offered to break into Theo's dorm and steel the stolen book of him. "That would be too risky if he found out the book was taken he might think people were onto him and put up protective spells or something, and don't you think if it was that important he would keep it on him at all costs" Pam objected leaving us back to square one. 

Back and forth the argument went, but we always came to the same conclusion, we knew nothing about him or what he was capable of. One thing about wizards is that you never know what tricks they have up their sleeves for all we knew he could be a master of the dark arts who would waste no time in killing us all with a flick of his wand. Avada Kerdavra was a simple spell if you practiced it for long enough. It only took me two years to completely master all three unforgivable curses, and I was 6. 

We reached the stone door leading to the common room, Avery muttered the password as we all slipped in quietly, trying not to cause such a ruckus as to wake up some students. "Look how about a good nights sleep it might do us some good, clear our head for tomorrow, have a fresh look on things you know" Avery said closeting the door slowly behind him. 

"Maybe your right Avery, I am pretty tired" Pam yawed leaning onto Nott who had at some point wrapped his arm round her. 

"You don't have to tell me twice" Janelle stretched her arms out and making her way to the girls dorm. 

"Night guys" Alexa said joining Janelle as they ascended the spiral staircase to our dorm room. Next it was Lastrange, Avery and Malfoy, then Pam and Nott who hugged each other before departing. 

"And they tell me i have a crush" Tom scuffed before turning to me.

 I laughed softly "Yeah, I could have sworn only hours ago he was laughing at the fact she was a mudblood" this caused Tom so flicker a smile. 

"I must apologise for the dinner we had Slughorn is not very-" 

"Good at keeping his fat shut when he's drunk?" I answered.

 "Yes, but putting up with his questioning always has its positives, for example once we have an idea about what book Theo had you can ask him for written permission to enter the restricted section for 'research purposes'" 

"who needs permission to enter when you can just break in?" I looked at Tom his face soon grew dark, much darker that usual. 

His eyes hollowed and his lips pierced. His hair fell heavily on one side covering it completely. Leaving me to stare at darkness. His pupils shone a blood red and he stepped closer towering over me. I knew that look. As I had done it before. I had given the same bloodthirsty look to my father in a hopeless attempt to let me kill Dumbledore. The boy I though I knew just kept getting more and more complicated. The deeper I dove into those sunken eyes the harder It was to swim out of them. He was no longer the Hogwarts golden boy but the devil in disguise. He tiled my head upwards then began caressing my jawline.