ch.33

strangers

  everyone started to move, either sitting down, taking a walk, dispersing in the other groups. i stepped away from glenn, walking towards rick who was holding the baby.

   he smiled at me before looking down to baby judith, "look who's here, wave to aunt mel." he smiled, gently grabbing her little hand, making her wave at me.

    she giggled, reaching her arms out for me to hold her. i took her from rick, gently bouncing her.

    "looks like someone has baby fever." carl chuckled, causing rick to nod as he watched us.

   "maybe she'll have a friend soon." carl commented, referring to me and glenn having a baby. i shook my head, "you guys wish."

    i soon regretted my words as judith intertwined her fingers with my hair, pulling down.

    everyone around me started to laugh at her reaction, "look you pissed her off." rick stated, causing me to smile as i shook my head at her.

   "you're too cute." i baby talked, watching her place her hands on my cheeks. i stopped for a moment, just taking in her actions.

    maybe i was wrong about not considering a baby in this world...

"we need to go." rick announced, watching the smoke fill the air, while me and glenn played around with the baby.

"yeah, but where?" daryl questioned, looking to rick.

   "somewhere far away from there." he stated, causing me to stand up, still holding judith.

rick looked at me to make sure i was okay with holding her. "me and glenn got her." i assured, giving him a small smile.

he nodded, turning around to leave, both me and glenn leading the others along the train tracks.

   glenn smiled towards us, admiring the two of us as we walked. judith rested her head on my shoulder, sound asleep letting out little snores here and there.

"help! anybody help!" i heard a shriek, causing me to turn around to look at the others.

    rick raised his hand for us to stop walking, causing us all to stand in silence, glancing at each other.

"dad, come on." carl pleaded for his dad to help the guy. i nodded my head agreeing with carl, leading the way to where they were, still holding judith.

before i got close to the scene, glenn grabbed my shoulder pulling me back, letting the others check it out.

   "you need to keep her safe right now." he mumbled, looking to judith.

i hesitantly nodded, "you're right.", honestly forgetting about her being in my arms because it felt so natural holding her.

he placed a hand on the small of my back, leading me to where the others were after making sure it was safe for judith.

me and glenn walked up to the group, only to see a guy emptying the contents of his stomach onto the ground. i looked away in disgust, still bouncing the baby.

"sorry, thank you. i'm gabriel." the man revealed, earning a nod as i finally turned around.

"do you have any weapons on you?" rick asked, causing the man to let out a chuckle, "do i look like i would have any weapons on me?"

i gave him a dirty look, wondering if he was playing games, "we don't give two short and curlies what it looks like." abraham argued

"i have no weapons of any kind. the word of god is the only protection i need." gabriel informed, causing a scoff to escape my lips.