Trauma (Pt. 1)

TommyInnit POV

I arose from a nap to only be disappointed with the sounds I heard from the alarm clock. I get up and get ready for school. Today was the first day of the second semester, and I was failing to feel motivated. When I finished, I was met with my father yelling at me to hurry up. Both my parents were disappointed in me, I had been failing the previous semester, so they expect nothing different from me. I was never doing my homework, so both parents and teachers hated me more than anything.

My dad drove me to school and dropped me off by the front of the school. I was not ready for the day, but I went in anyway. I wasn't all that interested in any extra activities. The band almost got me to join, but I thought, "What's the point? I will fail and not be able to do any of the activities." That's a stupid reason not to band, but it's a valid enough reason for me.

I made it to my first hour, which was keyboarding. After all, I didn't do band, and this was the only other option. I heard someone call my name, turned around, and saw my teacher behind me.

"Yes, Mrs. Benson?" I nervously replied.

"You are missing three assignments from last semester that I gave you ample time to do!" It almost felt like someone had punched me.

"Plus, you have been falling asleep in my class!" I was so nervous to say anything, but I had to stand up for myself.

"I am getting better at not sleeping in your class." Then I felt another invisible jab in the stomach after hearing this next line.

"No, you have not." I wasn't lying, and I was getting better. Since I am the least favorite student, she wasn't going to believe me.

"Go sit down, now." I turned back to my desk and sat down. I wasn't about to let myself get hurt by her words. So I decided I would prove her wrong. Today marks the day where I start to not sleep in her class. She will be proved wrong, and then she will regret EVER doubting me.