ch.34

four walls and a roof

"sasha?" i questioned tiredly, walking outside to where she was, gun in hand.

"melanie" she started, breathing heavily as i stepped closer, "he's getting away"

i furrowed my eyebrows, placing a hand on my knife, "who?"

"somebody was watching us."

i let out a shriek, feeling a hand cover my mouth, pulling me towards them. my eyes glanced to my side only seeing tyreese and rick.

rick let go of my body, causing me to let out a deep breath, "jesus, you scared me"

he sent me a sorry look before glancing around, scanning the area.

"if we go in there now, some of us aren't coming back." tyreese mumbled, also looking out into the deep woods.

sasha shook her head, "bob is out there somewhere. scared, alone..."

"maybe not alone. daryl and carol are missing too" rick informed, causing my eyes to widen, "what do you mean they're missing?"

rick shrugged, "one minute they were here, the next they weren't."

i placed a hand on my head, pacing back and forth realizing how many people were missing. davina, beth, bob, daryl, and carol.

"come on, it'll be safer inside." tyreese murmured, motioning for us to follow him back into the church.

we both have hesitant nods, making our way back into the small building.

    once we were inside, sasha moved to where gabriel was standing, eyeing him up and down.

    "what are you doing?" she started, causing gabriel to glance around the group confused, "this is all connected. you show up, we're being watched, and now three more of us are gone."

     "i don't.. i don't have anything to do with this." gabriel uttered, looking around the room, almost as if he was terrified.

     sasha pulled her knife from her belt loop, causing me and a couple of others to step forward.

     "don't!" me and rosita yelled in unison, soon getting pulled back by abraham and glenn.

    "sasha, put it away"

     "who's out there? where are our people?!" she shouted, getting into gabriel's face.

      "please, i don't have anything to do with this." gabriel pleaded, raising his hands, showing he wasn't a threat to sasha.

    rick decided to step in, pulling sasha back away from gabriel in the process, "why'd you bring us here? you working with someone?"

     gabriel knitted his brows, lookint between the group, "i'm alone. i'm alone. i was always alone."

     i pulled away from glenns grip, also stepping forward.

    "what about the women in the food bank, gabriel? what did you do to her? you'll burn for this? that was for you, why?"

      before gabriel got the chance to answer my question, rick grabbed him up by his collar, "what did you do? what did you do?!"

     gabriel pushed rick away, glancing between before quickly answering.

    " i lock the doors at night, i always lock the doors at night. they started coming, I congregation. atlanta was bomb the night before and they were scared. They were looking for a safe place, and it was so early, the doors are still locked. you see... it was my choice. there were so many of them banging on the siding screaming at me. until the dead came for them..."