Change

Eric pulls out a syringe with a black liquid. I scoot back.

"You better not put that in my neck." I say. Four wraps his arms around me holding me down.

"Carter we need to do this. " four says

"You know my past with needles TOBIAS. Don't do this to me."
His hold tightens. Eric comes close with the needle and I start to squirm.
"Toby! Toby! Let me go!" I try to break free of his hold but he's too strong. I feel tears starting to prick the edge of my eyes

"Please don't do this to me." I say looking at eric.

"What's with you and needles? Are you dauntless or aren't you?" Eric spits

"Eric. Stop." Four says sternly

"No. This girl can shoot an assault rifle, beat up Peter, and burned the blonde prostitute we call Liz, she can't be afraid of a fucking needle." Eric says, I feel tears pouring down her face.

"Eric. You don't know what you're saying. Stop. Just do it quick." My eyes widen and I start to squirm again. It's useless, four is too strong.

"Please don't toby," I say crying

"I'm sorry squirt. It'll all piece together when it's over." He says softly with sympathy. Eric sticks the needle in my neck and I scream. Andrew and another dauntless leader Harry walks in.

"You're doing it?" I hear Andrew ask. I feel four nod. Andrew sighs

"Be brave Carter."

With that my vision blacks out and my breathing slows down. Before I fade into unconsciousness I hear eric say
"Put her in my room and keep your eyes on her. This will be the worst time of her life."
------
I wake up in erudite. Those bastards. I'd expect something like that from eric but toby? He knows the things I've been through. Yet he still did it. I look around and I'm sitting in a lab chair. Deja vu. There's a pain in my neck and memories flood in. The testing. The drugs. The pain.

When I was 10 back in erudite, a couple of scientists called me down to the labs one day for a meeting. I was under the impression that they were going to lecture me on lab basics and chemistry. When I got there they told me they acknowledged me being top of my class, and my mother approved of 'testing'. My mom let them inject me with more serums that I can count. Their intentions were to increase brain activity, sometimes it did work, but most of the time it didn't. Most of the time it caused me severe pain and agony. Sometimes I couldn't even stand up by myself. All that continued for 6 years until I chose to transfer a day ago. Toby was the only other Person that knew about this. I guess because of them, I'm super human in a way. I can interpret things others can't, I can remember and observe in ways unknown, and in ways I can't even understand.

All those memories flash in my mind and I can feel myself cry. I can feel every needle all at once, and the pain that came after most of them was overwhelming. Then I wake up.
I see four sitting in the corner sleeping with arms crossed. I feel an overwhelming anger. What was the purpose of all that? Bringing back all those painful memories, and he let eric do it. I can't stand to even look at him. I get up from the bed and I almost fall but I find my balance, and I walk down to the initiate room and collapse in my bed. It's hard and cold but I don't care. I drift into sleep crying.