New life

The morning is cold, like home. But from now on, I have to constantly pull myself back to reality that I'll never be home.

The past few days, I haven't been myself. I was, gone. I see the way Carter looks at thomas, the way she looks at Andrew, there's something in her eyes that's there when she looks at them but not at me, happiness. Something that I took away from her.

I thought by getting rid of..everything would maybe change things between us. And they did. She can't even look at me without crying. I killed her family.

I like Carter. Her attitude, her style. Captivated me.

Why did I kill her family. Every answer that pops into my mind makes me sound childish. Jealousy? Fuck. Jealousy. The sound of rain taps on the window and calms my nerves. I sigh, as I look to the door and see Andrew walking in with a towel around his waist and a cup of coffee.

"Already at home?" I ask him and he takes a loud sip of his coffee.

"Oh yes." He says putting it down then puts on some clothes

"Where are the others?" I ask breaking the silence

"Well," he says drying his hair. "Thomas is talking to Jimmy, harry is somewhere, Carters getting dressed in the showers, and four is somewhere as well."
My throat hitches

"Weren't you just in the showers?" I ask

"Mhm." He mumbles taking a sip

"With Carter..?" I lead. He chokes on his coffee.

"Nope. I have some respect for the girls emotions and privacy." He says passive aggressively.

"What are you trying to say?" I say standing up

"You went pansy-crazy and killed her family and childhood friends. Because you're jealous that she loves me and thomas, and despises you." He spits and I grab his shirt and push him against the wall.

"You have no ide-" I begin

"Oh what? Tell me. What good came out of your COURAGEOUS moment." He says then i let go.
"That's what I thought."

"I'm gonna go find Carter.." I say

"Whatever, don't go killing anybody now." He says straightening his button down.

-----
*carters POV*

I finish drying my hair and I exit the showers. The halls are empty. They remind me of dauntless, a little dark, cold, but I still don't feel like home. I walk down the hallways letting my fingers trace the walls, then I see a door open and he walks out. Eric. My throat closes and I immediately turn around.

"Carter please wait!" He yells and starts running towards me. I ignore him and continue walking. He catches up and pins me against the wall and I refuse to make eye contact with him. I feel tears stinging the edge of my eyes

"Carter please.." He tries to look into my eyes
"I'm so sorry..I didn't know what I was doing.."

"Let me go and fuck off." I say looking down. "You knew damn well what you were doing."

"Ok I did. But now I regret it with all my heart and if there was a way to bring them back I would die trying. I want things back to the way they were.. Before leadership and all this mingling. "

"I do too. I wish I was back at erudite and I didn't know you. But you don't get it, I can't just forget what's happened in the past week."

"I know you can't. You can hate me forever if that's what you need.. I just..I just wanted to get this off my chest." He says then he takes a deep breath then smashes his lips into mine. I don't know how to react. I hate him with all my heart, but I, I've been wanting this.