Trust

I feel somebody pick me up. It's too dark to see the face. I start to freak out. Are they trying to kill me? We get out of the initiates room and I fight. Jump out and punch the guy in the jaw then I knee him in the gut.

"Ahh damnit carter!" The voice is familiar. It's Eric's.

"Oh I'm so sorry I thought- no wait. I'm not sorry." I say starting to walk back. Just when I was about to open the door he puts me over his shoulder.

"No! Let me down. I've been through enough emotional shit for 6 years!"

"Carter this is important. You can be pissed later." Eric half yells

"I hate you! You and tobias! You don't know what you put me through! I could break at any second eric! All those memories-"

"Don't hate four. He-"

"Don't you dare fucking tell me what to do. I can hate whoever i damn want. He
knows what I went through yet he let it happen." I spit at him

"I-" he starts

"Don't even get me started with you." I feel tears prick my eyes
"I started to like you and trust you. All that shit down the drain."

He puts me down and looks at me coldly. I don't care. I'm about to collapse. I can still feel the pain from earlier. He huffs then opens a door. We walk in to see an office. It's pretty big. I see Andrew Harry Four, another dauntless leader names Thomas, and an old guy that I think is name James.

Fours eyes meet mine and I wipe a year off my face and try to be strong. After all im infront of all the dauntless leaders.

"Carter Matthews. We know what they did to you at Erudite. We acknowledge it. Change is coming, the faction system is flawed and it needs to end. Can we trust you?" Andrew asks

Can they?