I loved you.

The doors open and Andrew and eric are standing in the doorway.

"Carter you will be expected in the executive hall at 8. Eric and Andrew, 6:30."

"What why are we supposed to be there early?" Eric asks

"You two have to get ready for Carter and make sure everything is in ship shape." Jimmy responds

"So basically you two are her bitches." He says patting their backs then walking away. Andrew sighs and walks towards the dorms leaving eric with me.

"Carter-" he starts but I stop him.

"Things are still not okay. I had a slip up this morning but that doesn't change anything. You still killed my parents, you still killed my best friends, you still ruined my life, and I still hate you. So next time give me some recovery time before you start playing with my emotions Okay? okay." And I walk towards the dorms towards Andrew and away from eric. This is the beginning of my new life. But should I try to forget everything that happened back home? My parents, my friends, my past..should I try to start over as if dauntless never happened? I don't have to..I don't have to remember them. Here there isn't anybody asking me how's my mother, or how's dauntless life..there will never be a situation for me to remember my life back there..but does that still give me the right to just forget it all?

I open my room door to see thomas shirtless, flexing in a mirror.

"Man this definition.." He flexes his biceps "fire power" he grunts

"Thomas.." I say but he doesn't hear me

"I'm ready to pounce on some babes rawrrr"

"Thomas!" He turns around and smirks

"Eat your heart out" he said flexing his abs

"I'm about to puke" I say and flop into my bed.

"How does it feel to be te boss of your bosses?" He asks putting a shirt on.

"I hate it.." I mumble into a pillow

"Want to talk about it?" He asks gently sitting on the edge of my bed and I nod my head on my pillow

"I'm all ears," he says rubbing my back. I sit up and hug my pillow

"I just..things are going so fast and I can't keep up..just a week ago I was stressing about my placement test and now I'm in a city that's been monitoring our home and my friends and family are dead, I have to work with the man who killed him, and I'm supposed to just go to work and act like nothing's happened? They look at us like lab rats thomas!" I say and start to cry into my pillow

"Carter..." He says rubbing my back
"We have to try..things that happened back there..they can't matter anymore, they cleared their memories an-"

"They cleared their memories?? That means we can go back! We can start over like like nothing happened-"

"But what's the point? All the pain and torture that happened in those walls? We're the only ones that remember what happened..who died, that can't just go back and act like everything's chocolate cake and strawberries here"

"Then what do we do?! We're miserable , I can't stand it here, and j can't go back there!"

"We need to make it here..and carry on the memories of those who have fallen. The one thing about time is that its always moving..it never stops, all we have to do it move with it and maybe things will get better, but they will be different than what it is now. You have me, Andrew, Four, Eric, and Harry, were your ground. We know you, we know what you went through, when you feel like youre on a train with no stops don't forget that were there too." I bawl on Thomas' shoulder as he rubs my back. Thomas was truly a leader, he knew exactly what to say and how to say it.