And so it begins

The ceremony ends and dauntless is the first to be released. We take off into the streets and I've never felt better. The burning in my lungs felt amazing and the wind running through my hair only makes the experience greater. We climb up the rail road columns and wait for the train.
"You seem to know what you're doing, I'm Peter" the candor boy says to me smiling.

I smile back saying
"I'm Carter,"

"Yeah I know. I've seen you around Candor. You're Jeanines daughter right?"

"Yeah that's me," I say huffing. It's disappointing to know that even in dauntless initiation I'm known as the erudites leaders daughter. I guess starting fresh is going to be harder than I thought.
The train pulls around the corner and I leave Peter running. I am the second person to jump on, first being the dauntless rep Andrew.
He looks at me up and down
"Damn you did all of that, in heels?!"
I laugh and nod
"I'm Andrew by the way. A dauntless leader" he says shaking my hand

"Carter Matthews" I smile
"O time to jump, nice to meet you Carter. I'm excited to see how you'll do in initiation," he says winking then jumping out of the train car. I feel my face heat up a little then I start to count down from three in my head. One. Two. Three, and I jump out of the car. I land safely on some gravel and get up.
I wipe off some gravel that was stuck to me and I walk over to a ledge where Andrew and another man stand patiently. The other guy looks menacing. But holy hell is he hot. He has two piercings above his eye brow and tattoos running up his neck. His eyes are grey and cold. I can tell that he isn't somebody I want to mess with.
"Gather around initiates!" He says
"I'm Eric, one of your leaders. There's only one way into dauntless and it's through here." He says pointing to a gapping hole in the roof. "You need to jump down."

"Is there water at the bottom or something?" An erudite boy asks

"Well I guess you'll have to find out," Eric says smirking, " Well we need somebody to go first, who will it be?"

There's silence for a few moments. Come on. All of us chose dauntless and none of use have the courage to jump?

"Me" I say

"Oo Carter lets goo," Andrew says with a stupid smile on his face. But that smile soon disappears as Eric gives him a death glare.
I walk up to the ledge and take my blazer off leaving me in a skin tight blue dress.
"Yeah take it off," I hear Peter say
I roll my eyes and stand on the ledge. I can't see the bottom but something has to be there.

"Today initiate" Eric says

I turn to face the crowd, wink at Andrew and Eric, then I fall backwards.
After what seems like forever, I land in a net. It knocks the breath straight out of me. I look up at the hole that I fell through and I force a laugh. Soon the net tilts and I roll to the edge to see a familiar face. Tobias. It doesn't look like he remembers me.

"What's your name? You can change it if you want but you can't do it again," he says lifting me out of the net.

"Carter" I say. His ears perk up

"Do I know you from somewhere?"

"I don't know" I say shrugging my shoulders. But I do know. And it hurt so much knowing that he didn't remember me.

The rest of the initiates jump then Tobias speaks up.

"Dauntless born go with Andrew, I don't think you'll need a tour of the place. Newbys, I usually work in intelligence but for the time being I will be your instructor. My names four,"

I candor girl laughs "what like the number? We're 1,2,3 taken?" She says cockily

"What's your name?" Tobias says walking up to her

"Christina"

"Well Christina, one thing you will learn here is to keep your mouth shut. Got it?"

She nervously nods her head then toby turns around.
"Follow me,"

I know dauntless. I've been here multiple times with my mother. Toby takes us around to the pit and initiate room and explains the rules. Then we head to the cafeteria. It's packed with people and I decide to sit next to toby and Christina and across from an erudite boy and Peter. Toby looks at me then gets back to drinking his water.
"You're a complete asshole Tobias," I say and he chokes on his water.
"What did you just call me?" He asks getting angry.

"You heard me Toby. "

"Wait." He says putting his cup down and his facial expression softens
"You're Carter Matthews." He says and I nod
"SQUIRT I MISSED YOU SO FUCKING MUCH!" Toby says standing up then embraces me in a tight bear hug

"Toby- can't- breath- biceps- sweat-"
He laughs then let's me go

"What are you doing here?! I didn't know you were dauntless"
As he says that my face turns into a frown

"I'll tell you later okay?"
He nods then gets back to his food

Soon we all turn our attention to an abnegation boy that transferred. He was poking at a hamburger like it was going to bite him.

"Haven't you seen a hamburger before?" Christina asks

"It's not that i haven't seen one before I just haven't eaten one." Just as the erudite boy is about to speak I cut him off

"Abnegation eat a plant based diet with a minimum of sauces and seasoning," I say taking a sip of water. The erudite boy looks at me with wide eyes

"You took the words right out of my mouth" he says smiling and I smile back

"What text book did you swallow?" She asks taking a bite of her burger

"Food of the factions by Eleanor Walsh" I say smartly eating a piece of cake.

Christina starts choking and the erudite boy high fives me from across the table.

"I'm will by the way" he says smiling

"Carter Matthews," I say back.

"I can tell we're going to be great friends," he says chuckling at Christina.

I laugh and nod. I look around at the people around me. We're all laughing and having a great time. I start to feel confident in my choice of choosing dauntless. But all the laughing ends when eric silences the room and calls on all of the initiates.
"Carter Matthews"
And so it begins