I have no choice but to make it

"Carter Matthews" eric says scanning the room. I stand up and his eyes land on me
"You have a visitor sweet heart," he says coldly. I walk out of the cafeteria with all eyes on me and meet eric in the corridor.
"Who is it?" I ask curiously

"You'll find out" he says not even looking at me. We approach an office room and he opens the door for me. I step in and almost have a heart attack. It's Jeanine and John.

"Um I forgot something in the Uh..caf-cafeteria..I'll just go-" I started to make my way out the door until eric shut it closed and stood in front of it crossing his arms.
"Damnit.."I say under my breath.

"I can never win with you can I? Do you know what you transferring does to our image?! Our faction Carter!" Jeanine screams at me

"Never? I was perfect for you! And your 'image'! I got perfect grades, test scores, I was the perfect erudite for you!"

"Then why did you leave? You will never make it here Carter! You were made to be Erudite! It's in your blood! Dauntless is not the place for you. I am taking you home and you are going to change factions."

"You can't do that-" eric speaks up

"She can. Initiate may change factions 3 hours after the ceremony. But that doesn't mean I will." I say giving my mother a cold glare

"You will. You will come back to erudite, finish initiation, and take my leadership position."

"No. No I won't." I say backing up and shaking my head. "I belong here mom! You may not know it but I do. Go back to erudite and don't give me any mind. Like you've been doing for the last 10 years. " I push eric out of the way and storm out of the room.

I get back into the cafeteria and take my seat next to tobias. They looked at me for a second but then went back to their stuff. I will make it here at dauntless. I have no choice