Leadership

"Carter."

I turn around and I am dumbfounded
"Jeanine"

"I see you've ruined yourself already," she says examining my arm
"Pity,"

"Actually, I'm thriving here, I'm first ranking." I say with my chin high

"Hm. We'll see how good you are, erudite traitor." And with that, she walks away.

"I don't wanna be mean, but your moms a bitch." Will says from behind me.

"Bitch is an understatement. Wanna get some food?" I ask turning around

"Nah I just ate. I have to meet Tori about tattoo ideas, I'll meet you for dinner though," will says

"Yeah okay, have fun, don't get anything stupid!" I say then I walk away. I aimlessly walk around the corridors. Dauntless is different than when I came here as a kid. As a kid dauntless seemed scary and dangerous, but now, I feel at home. Like I belong here. By now all the fighting should be over, so I walk around looking for four.

I turn a corner and I'm speechless. Eric making out with that bitch Liz.

I start to clap slowly, "Wow. Good job eric." I say then I turn around and walk away.

"Carter! Damnit Liz"
I hear him say. I run to the leadership corridor with intentions of walking into Andrews office but I walk into the wrong one. Thomas'. I open the door and thomas is at his desk and Harry's sitting on a couch across from his desk.

"Speaking of the devil," Thomas says with a warming smile.

"Oh I'm so sorry I didn't mean to intrude," I say slowly backing out

"No you don't have to leave, we actually want to talk to you." Thomas says and I walk back in. I take a seat next to Harry.

"I think we've met before you transferred. You're Jeanines daughter right?" Thomas asks

"Yeah that's me." I say

"No wonder you looked familiar. Well we've never been formally introduced, I'm thomas Levi, I specialize in gun tactics, this is Harry cunning he specializes in strategic warfare and fighting."

"Nice to finally meet you both," I say smiling at both boys

"Now let's get down to business. How much do you know about dauntless law?" Thomas asks.

"I know most punishments and crimes and that's it," I say crossing my legs and leaning back. Harry puts his arms on top the couch and lays one behind me. Thomas' jaw tenses for a second.

"Do you know why there aren't any elders here at dauntless?" I shake my head

"No I just assumed they all died," I chuckle. Thomas laughs

"When a person is 65 theyre required to leave to amity. Most of the time they kill them selves so they didn't have to go." He stands up and walks around and sits on the edge of his desk. "James is way past his due date and he'll be leaving after your initiation."

"Aw no,"

"We need another leader to step in Carter.."

"Wait are you asking me-"

"To be the new leader? Yes." Thomas says. I lean my head back accidently touching Harry's arm.

"Oh sorry," I say putting my head back up.

"It's totally fine," he says smiling

"Why me though? I'm still just an initiate." I say looking at thomas.

"You have so much potential, even james himself asked for you to take his place." Thomas says fiddling with a pencil.

"Wow..I'm in." I say smiling from ear to ear. He snaps the pencil in excitement

"Yes! For you, well skip leader ship training because of your.." I stops to think of a word, "situation. You will have to come to a gathering tonight, there are some people you have to meet. We have your office already ready and were remodeling an apartment that should be ready in a few days." Thomas lists. He really is a leader, he has everything planned down to the point.

"When and where's the gathering?" I ask

"I'll come pick you up at the pit at 7:30." Harry says

"Yeah. Hell do that. I think Andrews coming as well. Get something nice to wear, you will be meeting aristocrats and potential allies." I smile and nod.

"Thank you guys so much you don't know how much this means to me," I say then I kiss Harry's cheek then Thomas'. I walk out with the biggest smile. I'm going to be a leader