This is only the Begining

I never knew this day would come, choosing day. The day where I choose whether to stay, or go. For some it's easy, but for me, I really don't know what to choose. I'm Carter Matthews, Jeanine Matthews daughter. I am the perfect Erudite. Top of my class, great leadership skills, I have my fathers looks, and my mothers brain. But from an early age I knew that I didn't belong here. I yearned for adventure, adrenaline. But being the daughter of a faction leader, I had to live up to some expectations. So all my life I've lived up to my mothers standards. I kept my grades up, never got in trouble, and became perfect. But now I regret it. People now expect me to stay in Erudite and follow my mothers foot steps.
I barely even see her. She's always working in the labs and if she's not in the labs she's always in the office. Same with my father. He works in leadership as well, so I'm always on my own. I do have one friend though. Well, at least I think I still do. His name is Tobias Eaton, and his father Marcus is the abnegation faction leader. Ever since Marcus came into leadership Tobias and I became great friends. But two years ago he transferred to dauntless and I never heard from him again. Him leaving sparked major controversies in Erudite concerning how abnegation treat their children and rumors about Marcus beating Tobias. The thought of it only makes me worry even more. What's going to happen if I transfer?
-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-
The day goes by faster than normal, and before I knew it, I was in the auditorium. I sat in the front row and looked around patiently. My eyes wondered to the dauntless side of the room. A sea of black and red consumes my mind. I grew envious of the dauntless over the years. They were so free. But it's all about to change. On my aptitude test I got dauntless. The volunteer Tori was dumbfounded when she read my result. Well, I would be too if I was to one to find out that the daughter of two erudite leaders had gotten full on dauntless on her aptitude test.
Throughout the ceremony I zone out, ignoring All of the leaders speeches. During choosing ceremonies representatives from each of the factions are required to introduce themselves, their titles, and what their faction is like. But I've heard all of this before. Being the daughter of a leader I've attended multiple choosing ceremonies and I know the procedures by heart. Soon they start calling names. The first 13 people chose to stay in their factions, but number 14 chose to change. His name was Peter Andrews and he transferred from Candor to Dauntless. More and more names are called until I hear mine,
"Carter Matthews" Marcus says.
All of erudite turns to me and Jeanine and John, my father, turn as well. Both of their faces are emotionless and cold. I walk up the stage and pick up the knife sliding it across my palm and pierce the skin. It didn't really hurt that much but in my mind, it didn't matter. I'm about to make a decision that will change the rest of my life. I'm good at being erudite. I'm smart and it will make others happy. I could live here forever, but would I be happy doing so? My test tells me dauntless, and being free is something I've wanted to be ever since I could remember. A drop of blood forms on my palm and I waver my hand above the erudite bowl. I see my mothers face slightly smile, but a second later I move my hand over the dauntless bowl and let a drop of blood fall onto the coals and sizzle into nothingness. The smile on my mothers face instantly turns into a frown. All of erudite is gasping and whispering to their neighbors, while dauntless cheers and claps and welcomes me into the group.
Throughout the ceremony Jeanine hasn't taken her eyes off of me. The look in her eyes is disappointment, and betrayal. I can't help but feel bad but this is my choice. I chose the warrior faction. But this is only the beginning.