Hell

"Alright initiates, first off, gun tactics." Toby says picking up a gun. "At dauntless all hell could break loose at any second, know how to use one of these." He says looking at all of us.
"Watch me very closely," then he steps up to a target and shoots at it three times hitting the center.
"By the end of today I want all of you to be able to at least touch the target. Before lunch we will have an evaluation that will determine your first day rankings."he says putting the gun down
"Get a gun, amo, and start shooting." He says then walks over to eric. I do as he says and get my gun and ammo. I take a moment and examine the gun. It's cold and heavy. A lump of molded metal that can kill. I load up all my ammo and take my stance at th target. I bend my knees and hold the gun just like toby, I take a deep breath in, aim, and fire, letting my breath out. I hit the target dead center.

"Damn Carter. Are you sure you're Jeanines daughter?" Will says looking at my target.

I laugh then get back to shooting. There's this rush you get whenever you hit the target. A feeling of dominance, and insane power take over you. I keep shooting at rapid fire all hitting the exact center. I feel pity for the others though. Half of them can't even hit the target. Peter has pretty good aiming skills. As I walk to get more ammo I watch him, his eyes are cold as they look down the gun. Man he looks good. He's in a sleeveless shirt that shows off his arms. I quickly snap out of my daze and walk back to my gun.

"Done already smarty?" I hear eric say from the back

"Yeah. And I do have a name" I say loading my gun. He walks over and looks at my target.

"Four!" Eric calls him over

"What is it-" I stops when he looks at my target. "Woah. Top gun squirt."
I roll my eyes then start to go rapid fire on the target. Both of them stand back and watch.

"Are you sure you're Jeanines daughter?" Toby says

"That's what I said," will says Looking away from his gun.

I hear eric whisper some things into Toby's ear then he stands up on a table.

"Alright initiates, evaluation time. Line up behind four in a single file."
He says then he gets down eying me.
"Let's see how good you are," he says as he pulls me to the front of the line.
"I want you to go through the course and shoot all of the targets. You will be ranked on this, good luck," he says slapping my back.
I walk up to the target and take my aim. I take a deep breath in, exhale, shoot. The dead center. I look back at eric and he has his arms crossed with a cold emotionless face. I walk to the next target and fire, again the center. I do that to the last four targets and put my gun down.

"Not bad. Peter you're next." Peter runs to the target and takes his aim. He shoots and hits the target 1cm away from the center. He looks back and eric snickers a little bit. As Peter goes through the course I notice four constantly looking at me. I try to focus on the people going through the course but my eyes wonder back to fours. Why am I even calling him four?

Everybody goes through the course and eric steps up, "results will be posted in the initiate room. Lunch break, go." He says then steps down.

"Carter, front and center." Eric says and I spin on my heels and walk back.

"Yeah?" I say taking off my vest.

"Where did you learn to shoot like that? They don't have guns at erudite."

"I didn't do anything in erudite. I just watched you guys shoot and I copied you guys.." I say putting my hair up. Eric nods then turns around and walks away.

"That's all initiate." I huff and walk to the initiates quarters. There's a crowd of people surrounding the board. Some are crying and some are high fiving eachither. I worm my way in and look for my name on the board. I am first. Peters second, uriahs third, Edwards fourth, wills fifth, and the rest of the people i don't know.

"You all have an hour off for lunch," four says

"Congrats Carter, first place already. I'm pissed that it's not me but, not bad," Peter says and I roll my eyes.

I spin on my heels and as I walk towards the door suddenly, I'm swooped up my somebody.
Toby picked me up and slung me over his shoulder with my face in his butt.

"Tobias Matthew Eaton! Put me down! You're all sweaty and gross!" I say squirming

"Nope not a chance, you have a meeting with eric." He says patting my butt

"What? Why? Food. Main priority. Fuck eric,"

"Fuck you too matthews." I hear Eric say and I gulp. Four puts me down and he stands next to eric.

"What do you want?" I ask crossing my arms

"Well we," he says emphasizing we, "want to tell you to be careful."

"Why?" I say

" First ranking initiates in the first stage always die first. I see potential in you and I don't want it to go to waste." Eric says eyeing me

"What do you mean die first?"

"Rank hungry initiates want nothing but to be first and will do anything to get there. Same with below the line initiates. They take you out, all move up one. That can mean the difference between dauntless and factionless for a few people. Four, tell her the story," Eric says taking a step back

"In our initiation a few people tried to throw me over the chasm. Also the second ranking initiate got raped by a below the line then got thrown into the pit."

"There's a whole nother side to dauntless initiation that you don't hear about Carter. This is dangerous. Initiation is one of the hells of dauntless. Don't be stupid and end up dead. " and with that eric and four walk away leaving me in the hallway. This is going to be hell