Chapter 2 - Tricks

"Can we go now? I'm getting a little bored!~" spinning throwing knives in the air, Thor snatched them away. "Hey!"

"If you are to stay with us, Lady Y/n, you are to hold no weapons that you may use on us or others," Loki says simply, holding up cuffs which he had conjured.

"Oh! Fun," you let him put them on, eyes digging deep into his averting gaze. "Wanna look at me?" he does suddenly.

"There," he pulls back only to realize the cuffs were on him. "What in the nines??"

"Cool!" Pietro had come out his hiding to see the trick. "Do more!"

"Like... this?" you take out a pack of cards and shuffled them professionally, the numbered slates flying around in harmony before spreading like a fan. "Pick a card, any card,"

He did so, memorizing it when you said to and placing it back in. As you shuffled the cards, he watched you closely. You circle him and place hands in front of his face, you started to ramble random words, letting the gloss on the cards distract him, your other hand slipping down and grabbing his wallet.

"Is this your card?"

"Nope," he says, rather disappointed.

"Huh... Check your wallet," He widens his eyes and gasped at the card tucked into a slot. As you walked away, Steve Rogers blocked your way, holding his hand out. "You're no fun, Wonder boy," handing him over the small cash and coupons, the Quinjet started up as Loki finally got out the cuffs.

"Let's go,"

~~~

"This will be such fun!" You grin at the already annoyed group. Settled in a seat, you open the bag in which the batteries of the devices you had were changed; Fury apparently had some type of courtesy.

"What's that?" Tony scoffs, looking at the laughable disc player.

"A music player, Stark, thought you'd be up with the times,"

"It's not 1984 anymore, L/n, don't you have a phone?" he tilts his head at your sour laugh.

"Never had the money for one, never had the need to call anyone, never had an outlet to charge it," you drag on, flipping through CDs and picking one.

"Why not? Didn't you rob banks?" Sam questions from across the jet.

"Doesn't matter," Laying back in the chair, you let the music flow through. Peter was the only one to approach, sitting beside you quietly. "Yes?"

"What's his name?" the boy points to the bear in your bag, one arm sticking out.

"Her name isAnna, named after a very special lady," you mumble, taking your headphones off and closing the duffel bag.

"Did you make that?" Peter points to the player.

"Obvious isn't it? Hard to find materials around the circus," tightening the duct tape around the back you realise the slipped words.

"Circus?"

"Don't worry about it, Sugar," you pinch his cheek before playing the disc.

~~~

The jet landed steadily but before you could leave Loki held you back. "Arms out, legs spread,"

"At least buy me a drink first," He gives your smirk an eye roll as you do as told. He pats down your arms before feeling a blade in your sleeve. Taking it out, he tossed it in a bucket before moving along your arm to the nape of your neck where there was another blade; two in fact.

"Seriously?" They extended at will, nearly ingraining a hole in the bucket.

"What?" he starts down your other arm and pulls more weapons out. "Ok, I actually didn't know those were there,"

"Anything more?"

"Find out, sweetie," He narrows his eyes, feeling along your waist. "Oh, a bit handsy, there,"

He takes out more blades hidden under your jacket. Then he pat along your skirt, unbuckling the fabric and revealing a series of throwing knives. "This is ridiculous,"

"Tricks is what I do," He throws the skirt into the bucket. "Jeez, mood killer much?"

Loki kneels down and pats along your knee socks all the way to your shoes and finding a small button by the heel summoning spike on the front.

"Whoops!" You shrug, "prince charming, how lovely," he takes off your shoes and tosses them away. "Mind taking my hand?" you hold your hand to him, which he takes.

"The nines?!" He held a fake arm making you burst into laughter.

"Get it? Take my hand?" no one but Pietro and Peter were laughing. "Rain on my parade," skipping off the jet with your duffel bag, you look around the rooftop landing pad.

"She's funny," Pietro smiles, warming up to you a bit.

~~~

"You're shitting me," you drop your bag down in the glass cell with the bare minimum, though silk hung from the high roof.

"We're really not," Natasha smiles, locking the door up. "Bathroom is there," she points to a door moving to a blacked out room.

"Be lucky Fury told us to give you silks, call it privilege,"

"Fancy,"

"Anything else we can do?" Vision walks forward.

"Other than let me out, I suppose not," your figured dropped down on the bed and bounced lightly.

"Clothes? Do you have enough?" Obviously the toaster was the most concerned.

"I've lived my life with only three shirts, two shorts, a pair of jeans and a dress, I'll manage,"

The group gave each other a quick glance, pity in a way making you sigh internally, trying not to scream. They left without another word, the last to look at you being Tony, his eyes delicately looking at you with empathy.

~~~

I'm going to hell™️

I'm going to hell™️

Goodbye~

- Anna ❤️