Chapter 23 - Museum (Date?)

The museum was filled to the brim with both everyday adults and some classes on field trips. Loki looked around at the other pantheon exhibits, scoffing at the comparison of him and Eris, he was much more classy than her, he thought.

But whilst he looked at the mosaic with a dull glare, you had slipped away, not to annoy him (mainly) but to carry on. Loki lifted his eyes and clenched his fists when he saw you gone from his sight.

"Dammit," he hurried down to the next exhibit, seeing the back of your bag disappear into a restricted section. Looking around, he saw no one around meaning he could transform into a museum attendant unnoticed.

Except the cameras... damn the nines! He stalked away to the bathroom and came out wearing a uniform and a new facade, his head covered by a hat.

You were going to be the death of him.

Stepping passed a group on a tour, he smiled brightly a the children, the teacher blushing when she stared into his deep brown eyes and admiring his auburn hair. Loki tipped his hat, an eye roll after she was gone, before walking to the restricted section.

You stopped in your tracks and gazed in awe at the Grand Duchess Vladimir tiara upon a velvet cushion. The reflection of the glass lining your head up with it. Sending a blue spark through the glass, it swirls around the jewels before copying the shape on your head.

Looking at your reflection, you adjust the headpiece before curtsying, the jewels slipping over your eyes making you giggle. Loki heard this and hurried down the hall to see you wearing the crown.

His illusion fell as he stared in shock at the beauty of it, not the jewels but rather the jewels on your head. In his chest, his heart fluttered high, he could feel it. The glinting emerald on your h/c hair enchanted him like a luring spell. Glows of your s/c skin illuminated by the soft seeping light looked ethereal.

"You look gorgeous," He mumbles out making you jump and raise a knife.

"Oh, it's just you," you sigh out, fading away the apparent illusion made blade. "Wondered how long you'd take to notice me gone,"

"Not long, It's just the fact this place is a labyrinth," he walked forward, fading on his armor, sending magic to strike your clothes and turn it into a luscious Asgardian gown; green and black with gold accents of course. "A true queen,"

"Yeah, well I always thought I'd look good ruling the world, probably do a better job than you," you wink as his face fell. "Sorry... I didn't mean to-"

"No, no, It's okay, you're jesting," he shrugs it off, taking your hand in his. "What isn't okay is you disobeying me," he leans you into a dip, face dangerously close. "As cute as you are looking like this, I'm afraid we can't stay long,"

"Why not?"

"Because we may be caught... or I'll have to take us back to my room to ravish you," he husks into your ear making you close your eyes.

"Hey!" A guard in the far far distance raised his baton making you both still, Loki making it looks as if the two of you were just shadows caused by the draped over marble statues.

~~~

Once back in the main unrestricted parts of the museum, the both of you acted as if nothing had happened, a normal occurrence in all honesty. It hurt a little but you couldn't complain considering the fact getting involved with anyone would lead to either of you in ruins of pain and despair.

"Norse!" You point at the sign and drag him there.

"This will be fun," sarcasm dripped from his tongue though curiosity was lingering there. Loki had heard of some tales from Peter when he first got here but he never truly saw it for himself.

He watched as you looked at a mini viking ship, an apparent replica of Grunhill's fleet to which he quipped, "they have the shape wrong, and the masts should have black varnish not red,"

"It's still cute, wonder if I can get my own in the gift shop," you hum, moving on as he sent a spell to fix the boats. "What about this?" You point at a marble sculpture depicting him (or Norse him) cutting a woman called Sif's hair, the next block showing him giving an odd looking replacement.

"Oh, I really did do that," he smirks in pride, before coughing at your disapproving frown. "Come on, It's kind of funny,"

"You're mean," All he does is shrug then scoff at a large slideshow showing pictures of each Norse god. "Flattering," you laugh at the 18th century Icelandic manuscript depiction.

"I hate Midgardians," he mumbles, swiping along the screen of the tablet below to look at the rest. Another popped up to show him with ginger hair and a beard. "I hate this planet,"

"So rude, they tried so hard to make you look pretty and less greasy," you input before walking off as he narrowed his gaze with a playful hate.

~~~

I just wanna post a few so I can post my Moriarty x reader though I doubt you're all complaining

- Anna ❤️