Chapter 13 - Razzle Dazzle off!

Stark's parties were quite the big talk in New York, and this was just a casual one, god knows how crazy people go for his Halloween or New Years parties. Nat had dragged you out the tower for the first time despite the slight reluctance to shop at high end brands.

You would much rather make or conjure your own clothing, at least then you would have artistic license. The dress Wanda chose for you was bought, a boring A-line dress with no flare, despite your vocality of your disliking.

Being the absolute genius you were, you casted an illusion to follow them to a cafe, the dress replaced with a fake one and the real returned, money gotten back used to buy fabric for you to use.

~~~

Laying the last bit of fabric over the dress and fixing up some seams, you were all set for the night ahead. Tony got Friday to announce the beginning of the party on what floor he had chosen. Nat and Wanda called to wait for you, but you said you'd be a while, ushering them to go ahead.

Strapping your boots up, you walk to the elevator once everyone was well ahead, Avengers floor dead silent.

The music was vibrating against your ears as you smiled at the fully in swing party. Upbeat music playing, a mix of pop and rock. "Evening," you smirk at the group who gape at your outfit.

"What happened to the dress??" Nat gasped.

"I returned it and made one more my style," flaring up the tulle and spinning you grab a champagne glass from a tray and watch the fizz. "I've never had champagne before," you hum, squirming at the taste. "Gross, brb, bitches," you skip over to the bar as the group followed with wide eyes.

"What the hell is she wearing?" Steve looked light headed at what you wore.

"Full Carny," Clint laughs as he watched you fumble with bottles, grabbing a bottle of tequila and some syrups before mixing other liquor and shaking it all together. "Razzle?" The Hawk jumps off the couch and rushes over as you pour blue shots.

"Then Dazzle," you make a round of purple shots and create a pattern of blue and purple on two sides. "How long has it been for you, old man?"

He gave a challenging gaze, eyeing the liquid as well before smirking. Clint placed down a solid $20 as you put down a $50 you stole from Stark. "Too long, but I doubt I'll lose,"

The trays were loaded as you both held platters of equal amounts of shots. "Come one, come all to the great Razzle Dazzle off!" You announce, balancing the tray in one hand.

"Can I join?" Tony says giddily.

"Carnies only, Tin can, besides, I doubt you can handle it," the frown on his face made you chuckle. "Make room, people!" the normal, non-hero guests followed as instructed as you and Clint lined shots quite a bit away from each other.

"Bets are open!" Clint took an empty ice bucket and placed it down as money flooded into his, but barely into yours.

"I'm offended," you scoff before pulling away your skirt leaving you in shorts. "You're on, Bird-brain,"

"Set a timer of one minute, Fri!" Clint calls as you stretch. "Three! Two! One!"

And you were off. Both of you went into hand stands, walking down the line and getting to the first shot. Grabbing it with your mouth, you both stand up in sync to down the shot without hands. The glass was then placed back down as you both went into hand stands.

"Come on, Barton!" Sam yells.

"Go, Y/n!" Peter cheers as you got ahead by one shot, Clint struggling to balance a bit.

"Struggling?" you laugh at Clint, his face now beet red.

"Nope," he coughs, trying to focus his line of sight to the next shot. "How strong did you make these??"

"As strong as Miss Xu taught me!" you laugh before toppling over.

"HA!" Clint was soon to regret his success when he choked on the next shot he got to.

"Up, up, we can do this," you shake your tipsy state off and get back to work, three more shots and you'd win. Clint was close behind, but your little tumble had gained him the upper hand as he was one ahead.

Quickly downing shot after another you were at the last just as Clint reached it. The room was cheering the moment you won, Clint falling face first into the ground with a frown.

"And that is how it's done," you wipe away the cool colour tone liquid from your lips and grab the buckets of money, Peter, Wanda and Nat being the only to believe in your success. Distribution was such fun to do as the crowd boos at Clint who was starting to fall asleep.

"Impressive," Thor congratulates as you placed your skirt back on.

"Old tradition, but it seems mama Hawk is having some trouble," you coo mockingly before walking over to the bar. "I need to sober up, so unless one of you is going to fuck me, I'm going to drink a shit tone of water," you shake your head and try to walk, only to wobble and fall right into a couch.

~~~

Did I just make a new drinking game? Idk maybe, idek if this exists but meh

Also yes it is nearly 1 AM

So try and make me go to bed... I dare you

- Anna ❤️