Chapter 31 - How dare you?!

(Big time skip, I am aware)

What had seemed like a few months were actually two years. Two years of pure bliss. Of course fights but you always came back to each other. Loki couldn't be more in love with you, every passing second made him fall further. Whether his pronouns were he/him or she/her even they/them you would easily switch to respect it, using it flawlessly as if it had always been like that.

But for the past month Loki had chosen her female form. She was in a state to change back to her male form that afternoon but-

"M-mother!" Loki abruptly stood from her seat. "All father," she bowed, but her higher pitched voice made every nerve still as Thor clenched his jaw in anticipation.

"Hey, love," you saunter in with a skip, kiss her cheek before tilting at the sight of the two royally dressed couple. "Didn't know we were having a costume party, at least I look like totoro," you flip over the hood of your onesie.

"Darling... this is my mother and... the Allfather," Loki murmurs making you yelp and push back the hood.

"Shit," you curse quietly. "Apologies, your highness's," you let a blue illusion form over to reveal more formal clothing.

"What is the meaning of this?" Odin's gritted teeth made Loki clutch your hand. "What is this- this form you take??"

"Odin, it is merely a female form, calm yourself," Frigga tried to lighten the situation. Loki looked to her for help to ease the tension, the trickster's brain being blank as she felt each memory of verbal berate strike across her mind. "Loki has always been like this, if she wishes to-"

"She?! Always?! What a sickening greeting, after all these years of chance of given redemption and you give me this??"

"Allfather-"

"You being Jotun was tiresome enough, but this is beyond belief! You are a man! Not some shape-shifting harlot!"

"Father!" Thor roared. "How dare you speak of her in such a manner?!"

"Her? Don't tell me he has coaxed you into believing a man could be woman or vice versa! It is disgusting!" Odin raised his large staff and pointed it at Loki who stumbled back, her eyes widened in fear, yet also accepting death and punishment for this choice.

"ODIN!" Frigga snatched the staff away. "How dare you speak of my daughter in such a manner?? I have had quite enough of your constant berating of her not only for being Jotun but as well as her gift in magic,"

"He is a faggot," Odin hisses making your fists curl and a slap landing right to his cheek... but not from you... from Frigga.

"Don't you dare use such words, Loki is my child, not yours, I love her endlessly in every form, I love you, yes, but this love is a maternal bond you may never break! Centuries together and I've dealt with it all,"

"Frigga-"

"You are my husband, yes, but she is my child, biologically or not doesn't matter, because she holds the acceptance you lack and I am tired of dealing with it! You may speak to me when you realize the wrongs of your actions over the centuries we have been together, until you make up for your wrongs and until you apologize to Loki for the abuse you have inflicted,"

Odin stood still with a glare, flickering from Loki to Thor to you and finally back to Frigga. He let his dragging train move back, Thor escorting him to the Bifrost landing pad. The Queen rushed to Loki who had buckled down to the floor the moment Odin left.

Green faded over and his male form took over. Tears fell consistently down his cheeks until he met eyes with you and Frigga. "I'm sorry," he whispers hoarsely.

"No, don't you dare say that, you've done nothing wrong," Loki's head fell into your shoulder as his mother rubbed along his back to soothe him. "I love you, Loki, we all do, and one stupid old man's opinion shouldn't matter,"

"She is right, my son," Frigga tucked hair behind his ear and stroked down his frizzled hair.

"Loki, look at me," you lift his head up. "It doesn't matter what he says, alright? He isn't worth it,"

"I-I know, I know," he stutters out, sleeves wiping away the tears.

"Come on, give me that charming smile, Lokes," you lift his lips up as they quivered into a small smile. "Just as handsome as ever,"

Frigga sat back with a smile, admiring the two of you. "Now, do you wish to introduce me?" She looks to Loki who holds his breath, lifting you up with him.

"Mother, this is Y/n..."

"Girlfriend, pleasure to meet you, Mrs... uhm..." you lent your hand out.

"Frigga is fine, dear," she shook it with an amused smile. "I am ecstatic to see you have finally found love, Loki," she pat his cheek mother-like. "How you have grown... Oh! I must show you old portraits of him-"

"No!" He pleads as you grasped his mouth shut.

"Don't listen to him, please show me!"

"Once she has met the others," Thor laughs after exiting the elevator, "so they may see them too,"

"I hate you all," Loki scowls as the three of you laughed, his smile failing to stay hidden.

~~~

I'm completing this chapter at 2:12AM on 18/03/2021

So- idk thought you may want to know

- Anna ❤️