Chapter 27 - A million times yes

The ringing prolonged like a mocking cackle, further nerving you to see if they'd even pick up, let alone remember you. The TV screen was projecting the call from Anna's phone and suddenly they all connected.

Oleg was the first, his forehead right up to the camera. Miss Xu sat in a throne like chair with incense floating like clouds on an early morning. Fifi answered and sat the phone upon something to show Rocco helping two kids draw.

Oleg was a blonde man with now silver white hair slicked back and away from his red face. He held a stern but weirdly adorable face, his beige sleeve wiping away dark dirt from his cheek. His beard waved happily, as well as pushing the phone back to show the man better.

Miss Xu was a petite Chinese woman with narrowed eyes and blood red lips, grey hairs looking glorious against her matte black hair, pinned back with a jasmine adorned clip. Her attire was all entirely red which matched her fire bending abilities.

Fifi was a slim short woman with strawberry blonde hair, pastel pink being her favorite color was obvious from her makeup and clothes. She gave a bright smile, her apron tight around her waist as she sat on the couch behind the rowdy kids. Odd to think she had super strength.

Rocco was a large, buff and rather hairy man with dark caramel skin, his white vest an odd pristine to the state you usually saw it in; Fifi's doing of course. His dyed black hair covered up the creeping greys which Oleg and Miss Xu flaunted with pride. His talent being his amazing singing voice which could hypnotise.

"Løkspirer!" Oleg shouts in amazement. (Onion sprout)

"Oh, how you have grown my little blossom," Miss Xu sighs in wonder. "Quite the beauty you have kept,"

"Thank you, Miss Xu," you bow your head in respect.

"Look at her, Ro, she hasn't aged a day, unlike you," Fifi's thick Russian accent made you grin in familiarity.

"Awfully rude today, my love," Rocco laughs, hints of his fading Brazilian accent merging with a Russian one. "How are you, Y/n?"

"I'm wonderful! How are you all?" They all tried to answer at once which caused an eruption of just gibberish.

"Let me speak to the daughter," Oleg laughs.

"You speak English?"

"He learned in preparation of this moment, two years earlier he started when I came to visit," Anna smirks as Oleg blows his tongue at her.

"Huff huff, you are to expose me," Oleg bites into an onion.

"Let's fight, old man," Anna raises her fists to the Tv. "Ayo, coba saya, anjing," (Come on, try me, bitch)

"Spis og løk og dø," Oleg throws a half eaten onion at the camera which his beard catches to stop the device from falling. (Eat an onion and die)

"Alright, calm down before I burn you all," Miss Xu sips at her green tea with a smirk. "Who are your friends?"

"Oh, these are the Avengers," you start to introduce each one until Thor and Loki approached closer.

"LOPT!" Oleg growls to the trickster. "Stay away from daughter, you are bad snake god,"

"I assure you I mean no harm," Loki's eyes shimmer with pride at the tense situation.

"Agh," Oleg crushes his current half eaten onion between his fingers. "Idiot Lopt,"

"He is in the clear, Oleg, don't worry," you hold two thumbs up which he follows, your head turning back to look at Loki as Oleg flipped the green god off.

Everyone else continued to catch up with you until the sun fell far past beyond the horizon. You found out, Fifi and Rocco's children, the girl's name was Ava and the boy's name was Axel, twins about 6 years old.

This may have been the best day of your life.

At least so far.

You were reunited with your first short time family, introducing them to your new family. There was tension between Loki and Oleg which you weren't aware of whilst everyone else snickered at the obvious hate.

Anna left an hour after the call ended, slipping her number into Bucky's back pocket before leaving with a fair share of the cake in a container.

"Thank you,"

Loki had opted to help move all your presents into your room. "Whatever for?" He asked, sorting books on the now filling shelf, listening to the small classical tune that played from your speaker.

"For finding Anna, you reunited me with them, I don't know how I'd ever be able to repay you," hugging him from behind you felt his muscles tense then relax.

"It was a birthday present, Y/n, you don't repay people for gifts," he turned and took you into a small dance.

"But this was more than a gift to me, it was dream come true," you take his face into you hands, rubbing your thumb against his pale skin. "Thank you,"

"I only wish for you to be happy," he kisses your palm. Moving on to your knuckle and pulling you closer until he kissed your lips. "I'd do anything to see you smile like you did,"

"There is one thing..."

Over the past many many days, you came to terms with your emotions. New wouldn't begin to describe this. Love would be an understatement to what you felt. Butterflies in your stomach felt more like a crashing stampede of elephants.

"Tell me," he mumbles against your skin.

"Be my boyfriend?" the words slipped in a nervous murmur, words like a foreign language. Your heart sank at his still face, time slowed and it felt like eternity until he blinked.

"What?"

"Uhm... be my boyfriend?"

"Right, sorry, I had to make sure I heard you right," he mumbles, his eyes glimmering with a new set of fireworks. A sly grin tugged at his lips and you were in a sudden dip. "Yes, yes, yes, a million times yes,"

~~~

WOOHOOO

WOOHOOO

Not over just yet~

- Anna ❤️