Chapter 9 - Not again!

"Y/n!" Tony and Bruce run down the halls into the living room to see you sitting on the couch with Peter who was showing you his favourite TV show.

"What?" You look to them and see papers in their hands.

"We need more blood!"

"What? Why?" You shifted slightly at the demand.

"Your blood could cure every disease known! We've done tests and they've all come back positive!" Tony lifted you up making you panic.

"What?" You were in a blank state of mind, panic rising up. Not again. "N-no, please," the whimper you let out was heard by the team who were talking and lounging around the large room.

"Just a few pints, Y/n," the circus medic grins. "You will save lives!" She laughs, letting the blood rush out through the tubes and into bags.

"Really?" Young and naive, you thought nothing of her sadistic and greedy eyes.

"Oh, yes," she quips, taking a small bit of your blood and examining it with a smile the same way she had a little bit ago. "Your special blood can get rid of disease and create powerful humans, evolution quickened," she injects blood into her system and peers at her amputated leg.

"Oh my-" you watched as it started to grow, change and adapt to what it once was.

The doctor marvelled at the results. And with this miracle you were more than happy to help her. After a few pints were taken, you felt woozy, light headed and weak. You believed it was a dream; the doctor let you walk away back to your tent but before you opened the door of her trailer she started to choke, her leg mutating and changing into a mess.

"What's happening?!" She screams. Her bones broke, changing in size and shape rapidly. Her skin morphed into different colours, pale, tan, chocolate all the way to purple. "Help me!" She drops down and crawl to your horrified figure. "Please! Just-"

You screamed bloody murder when her eyes pulsed and rolled back, her body limp and life less.

"Why not?? You could save thousands of lives!" Bruce laughs in disbelief. "Just a few pints!"

"No, please, not again," Natasha saw the panic in your eyes and rushed over. "No!" You tell to warn her away. "No more!"

"Y/n, listen to me-"

"Don't touch me!" Stumbling back, you found the end of the couch before rushing away and to your room.

"Y/n!" Nat looked confused.

~~~

"Miss Y/n," that was Vision's voice.

"Please don't take anything from me," you whimper, huddled in the corner of your room. "I don't want to hurt anyone else,"

Vision merged through the walls and stood there a little awkwardly. "What do you mean? I assume Mr Stark and Mr Banner's demand had triggered a memory of sorts?" He stepped forward, stopping when you flinch. "I wish not to extract anything, perhaps a reason is all,"

You let go of the knife and rubbed your knees. "It's happened before," you let out.

"It?"

"People wanting my blood to do what Stark and Banner think is possible," your elaboration made the sentient nod.

"I assume it did not end up well?"

"I thought it was a dream... I thought it was all a bad dream, but when I woke up the next morning with Mr Malenko dragging a body bag out to the woods as Miss Valer cleaned up the blood, I knew it was all real, that I was the reason someone died," Vision had approached and held your hand softly. "Dr Latro, said I would save lives... when instead I ended her's,"

"But why would it kill her but not you?"

"I don't know, her leg grew back but then it started looking weird and she yelled for help- my help," you squeak. "I did nothing!"

"There was nothing you could do, Miss Y/n, if it was a blood infusion then nothing could be done," Vision assured. "It was not your fault, it was not your intention for her to die, so do not worry, do not ponder on the past," Vision opened his arms for you to embrace him; which you did. "You stopped the repeat of history, so in a way, you saved thousands of people,"

"Really?"

"Of course! Now, do get some rest, evidently this shook you up quite a bit, shall I call anyone to provide you company?"

"No, thank you, Vision," before he left you quipped again, "but can you not tell anyone about this? About what I said? Just tell Stark and Banner to observe the cells for longer, maybe?"

"Very well," he nods, walking or rather merging through the walls.

Leaning your head to the side, a deep breath in and a shaky exhale later you found your heart calming more. The cascading sunset calming your thoughts.

~~~

Two updates??!?! Lucky you!

Anywaysss I just wanted to ask you to follow my Tik Tok @221b_blogger101

I would really appreciate it!

- Anna ❤️