Chapter 11 - Routine

It was a early in the morning but you had been up all night, bored out your mind. Crawling to your bag, you take a tightrope attached to a hook; used for escaping but for now it would be the source of your fun.

Sneaking to stand upon the ledge of the tower, looking across to cast an illusion of yourself on the other end of the ellipses building.

Swinging the rope around into a mesmerising circle, the metal hook shot across the large drop, hitting the other roof where your illusion clung on before it dropped. It tied it tight to the ledge, securing it in place with other items as you did the same on your end.

A stupid idea when there was no safe guard, nothing except the concrete ground a few hundred feet under to hit and immediately end your life. No net to catch you.

But hey, it was 6 AM, no one would be up.

~~~

"Mr Stark, we have a problem with Miss L/n," Friday urged her boss to wake up.

"What is it?" He scratched his goatee. Friday cared not to explain, instead just showing the problem. "Oh my god,"

"Shall I call the team?"

"Yes!" Tony rushed out with his robe draped over his baggy pyjamas.

~~~

You laughed in pure delight, bouncing on the tightrope and balancing across as if it was nothing but the ledge of a side walk.

"Y/n!" You stop your joy filled antics to see Cap gaping in pure horror. "Get down here this instant, young lady!"

"Hmmm, no thanks,"

"That's was an order,"

"Oo~ the virgin has a dominant side," you cackle before bouncing to sit on the rope.

"You will fall!" Thor readied Mjolnir to fly and catch you.

"You either kill yourself or get killed!"

"Dum dum dum whatcha gonna do?" Pietro and Peter mumble.

Bending back, the group gasps, only to sigh when you hold onto the rope to loop. "Liven up," walking along the rope, smirking at their concerned glances, with a prideful stance, you see Loki teleport to one side.

"Come here, Lady Y/n," his hand was held out.

"Come and get me, Horns," you mock.

"Lady Natasha, mind helping out? You have a decent amount of balance," Loki calls to Nat who smirks and shakes her head.

"Chicken?" You balance effortlessly as he sighed, placing one foot on the rope.

"I'm not," he took another step with an evident wobble.

"You're doing wonderful, brother!" Thor cheers.

"Shut it, quim! I'm trying to focus on not falling to my- death!" He nearly topples over only to gain back composure.

"Look at the baby taking his first steps!" You gasps, his glare being shot to you then the laughing group.

"Come here," he growls, warningly, unable to move any more on the dipping rope.

"Nope," you jump down to sit on the rope like a child. Loki tenses, trying to grab anything to hold onto, failing and slipping.

"Nines!" He tries to reach for the rope, two hands clutching onto his.

"God, you're heavy," you smirk, groaning a little to hoist him up. Loki glared at you, pulling up and clinging onto the rope for dear life. "Have fun," with a poke to his nose, you stand back up, his hand grabbing your leg and teleporting you both to the balcony where everyone was watching in pure horror, yet slight amusement.

"I've never been so happy to stand on this cheap material," Loki sighs, praising the cold balcony floor.

"I'm going to ignore that," Tony mumbles.

"I didn't even get to use the chair!" You grumble, folding your arms.

"Chair??" Sam furrows his brows.

Clint's eyes brightened, remembrance from his youth in the circus. "You can do that?"

"I'm a carny, of course I can!" Running and grabbing a chair from the living room, Wanda and Pietro smile in fondness, remembering a similar act they saw as children at a Sokovian circus.

"Carny? You grew up in the circus?"

"Yup, worst and best years of my life," climbing back onto the ledge, Clint ran and grabbed his arrows.

"Do you know the fire arrow routine?" He loaded an arrow up as you look up with wide eyes.

"You were a carny?" Letting the chair balance on the rope, majority of the few ran forward as if being on the balcony and reaching out would save you.

"Learned quite a bit there," he ignited an arrow as you sat on the chair.

"She's going to fall!" Bucky yells.

"She'll be fine," Clint put on a blindfold and pulled the arrow back as you got into a position where one leg was raised, back arched and loop formed when you held onto your foot. (I can't do this either don't worry but uhhh imagine)

The arrow was shot right through the loop and the group gasps. Watching as you spun and got into another position.

Loki watched with awe at the elegance of the routine. A flawless act with no mistake to point out, at least one in his keen line of sight. The way your smile widened at the look of anticipation on the group's face made a weird feeling rise in his chest.

He grabbed the left side of his shirt, feeling his pounding heart when you nearly slip and fall, evidently for dramatics to engage the audience for a reaction.

Loki felt that tightening in his heart rise up when you throw the chair back, Thor catching it easily. Fear clouded his thoughts as you jumped to cling onto the rope, swinging until you landed on the balcony. Right in front of him.

"Well?" You smile, taking Clint's hand, both bowing in unison as the shocked and impressed group clapped.

"Well done, kid," Clint ruffled your hair.

"Thanks, bird-brain,"

~~~

I'm so confused idk what going on

Literally the idea for this chapter is the only reason this book exists-

I just get an idea for a scenario and boom! There's a book!

- Anna ❤️