Chapter 25 - Revenge

You stalked down the street, forming back to your normal self, the illusion fading almost inexplicably. A real blade was taken out your bag as you spotted the duo leaning against the wall, laughing about the situation before hand.

"What's so funny?" You beam making them jump in fright. "Think your little stunt was hilarious, do you?"

"Kinda," the tall one smirks. "Where is that greasy weasel anyways? Not here to protect you anymore?"

"It doesn't matter, I can deal with you fiends myself," twirling the knife in your hand in front of them, they back up. "A little research and I'm well aware no one will miss you lot too much," backing them into a corner, you extend the blade and strike at them, their faces now battered with blood.

The other stumbled back when you landed a blow to their abdomen. Round house kicking one of them, they fell right into a pile of trash as you axe kicked right into their rib, cracking it.

"Please don't kill us!" they whimper.

"Too late for mercy," you grin, landing the knife right into his chest and dragging down roughly.

The one left alive as staggering up as you wiped away the blood and hit them in the side, pulling the knife across and through their stomach. Kicking the bodies to the side, you sat back and took a sewing kit; always be prepared for a fashion emergency, or in this case, a broken stuffy.

"I'm so sorry, I'm so so sorry," you whimper beside Anna, holding her tight.

"Don't cry, I'm fine," she chuckles, "just a few broken bones," she wipes away a tear and kisses your forehead softly. "You were very brave today trying to stand up for me, but I can take care of myself, I would hate for you to get hurt, my beautiful kupu-kupu," (my beautiful butterfly)

Sitting on a dumpster lid, you start to sew Anna back up just as Loki walked into the alley and stepped back. "What happened?" he looked more concerned about your well-being.

"Nothing," an illusion passed over the bodies. Stitched back together, you smile at Anna and hug her tight. "I'm sorry," you say both to her and Loki.

Loki stepped forward and took away your illusion, riding the bodies with his magic into the furthest corners of this realm. "You can't solve everything with murder," his soft murmur of disapproval set a frown in your face. "They left you alone after that, causing pain should only be in self defense," he hooked a finger under your chin to lift your eyes to his.

"They caused me pain so I return the favor,"

Loki sighed out, shaking his head. "Favors returned should be of equal worth," helping you down, he made sure you were rid of evidence, the scene now pristine. "Eye for an eye,"

"I'm sorry," you murmur, this time more genuine.

"It's alright, now you know," he kisses your temple softly and links your arm with his. "But please don't resort to this, just ask me to do it," the smile on his face made your lips tug upwards, the alley clean of blood.

~~~

When the team arrived back, you were thankful for them not being told about the incident. As well as this, they also apologized for not letting you tag along, and their words which you accepted and apologized about your own.

Now was just another day, deep into the setting afternoon, Tony had walked up to you. "Kid, when's your birthday?"

"Uhm... why?"

"Friday needs to know for the Avengers birthday calendar, Parker's idea," Tony furrowed his brows as you shift. "Do you not like your birthday being celebrated?"

"Uhm, I wouldn't know..." this caused further confusion, even from the others who were sat around. "I actually don't know my birthday,"

"Oh, well what about year? We can figure it out from-"

"I don't know that either... a fair few years ago I was told I had turned 18 but I don't remember what year that was," the hurried speech made Banner purse his lips before standing up, walking off. "But yeah, don't worry, I haven't ever celebrated my birthday, so no point starting now," adding this quickly, you sat back and kicked your legs up, watching the movie.

"Right," Tony raced after Banner, knowing what the Doc's plan was.

~~~

Waking up early one gloomy afternoon, almost weeks after the birthday conundrum, you heard the uncharacteristic silence of the tower. Now either they have all died, been kidnapped or they left for some odd reason.

Stepping down the chilly hall way, it seemed the raining clouds stopped enough light to illuminate the lounge as usual. A soft glow from a candle was on the dining room table, many buried into a cake.

"What the hell?"

"SURPRISE!" The team jumps out of nowhere making you scream and hurriedly change into a plethora of different people like a glitch, before into your normal form.

"WHAT THE FUCK?!"

"Happy Birthday, kid!" Clint and Tony were the first to hug you, the rest joining in around.

"What?" unsure if you heard correctly. "Birthday?"

"Yeah! Banner and I used your DNA to kinda trace back to an exact date," Tony fumbled around and took a file out. "Even found your birth certificate and stuff," the paper was a little worn and torn, but there it was, your name in cursive.

"Why are these parts blank?" you point to the missing names where you parents would have put theirs.

"The nurse that vaguely remembered you said they... left immediately after you were born," Banner said.

"Not surprising," you laugh it off and smile down. "Well, I guess I'll leave it blank, it's more 'me' that way," holding it up, you ran your thumb over the ink. "Thank you," you hug the scientists tight and with admiration. "Thank you,"

"No problem," they return the embrace.

~~~

This image is me every morning before school just reading your comments (tired mainly because it's 7AM and the fact y'all are very horny and depressed

This image is me every morning before school just reading your comments (tired mainly because it's 7AM and the fact y'all are very horny and depressed... but like, same)

- Anna ❤️