Chapter 7 - Languages

A week maybe? A week later after your talk with Natasha, you built up the courage to talk to the team. Apologize, in fact.

"Uhm, hi,"

"Hello, Ангел, what's wrong?" Nat stood up from her seat at the dinner table. (Angel)

"Я хочу извиниться," You mumble. (I want to apologize)

Nat nods and gestures for you to go on. "Play nice," she warns the group.

(This is in Sokovian, but because it's not a real language it will be typed in English, even if it was a real language I would be too lazy lol)

"Wanda... Uhm, I want to say sorry for my actions, to both you and the toaster- I mean Vision, I wished to cause no harm, but I realize if you choose to continue to hate me," you mumble. Wanda and Pietro looked to each other in shock as the group tilted their heads at the gibberish.

"You are... forgiven," Wanda says slowly, though not because she wondered if you needed her to do so, but in fact, she was in utter surprise at your fluency.

"How do you know Sokovian, princess?" Pietro grins. "It is quite... attractive," he speeds to your side, kissing your knuckles.

"Pietro, enough," Wanda scolds as you retract your hand with an eye roll.

"I speak to apologize without these idiots intervening, not to get your dick hard,"

"Then you are aware of your effect-" the speedster tried to kiss you, a punch landing to his face. "On me..." he groans as Wanda bursts into laughter.

(Back to English)

"What just happened??" Bruce looked to everyone who shrugs.

"Nothing," you smile before looking to Loki who still had a hard glare on you. Turning fully to him with a big breath, you start:

(This is in Old Norse (and yes I know he has all-speak like every other Asgardian has but let's ignore that~))

"I'm sorry for my words before, I appreciate what you did for me, and I guess in a way I do owe you because I'm sure I'd be strung upside down by everyone if they found out that I ate their food," picking at your palm, Loki looked half convinced. "And you're right, I should talk and open up, if you still wish to be, and though I haven't been able to have many in the past, I'm hopeful you would allow me to call you a friend? If not then just know that I'm sorry," you nod in finish.

"You speak very well for a human,"

"And you're awfully greasy for a god,"

"So you finally acknowledge my status?"

"Whatever gets your dick hard, christmas tree," you smirk with folded arms as he rolls his eyes.

(Back in English)

"Alright, how many damn languages do you speak??" Sam gapes.

"A fair few; Russian, Norwegian, old Norse, Italian, Spanish, Indonesian and a few others," moving to look at the group, you sigh. "I'd just like to say sorry for my behavior and I hope we can put it behind us?"

It was a few unsure glances but one glare from Natasha and they were nodding like eager children waiting for ice cream.

~~~

The night of the apology was two days ago and still you found yourself staying in your room, though not afraid to go out and wander. As of now you were called to the labs by the 'science bros', as Stark put it, to find out the extent of your powers.

You weren't sure either so this was going to be quite the time.

"Hey," you walked in to see holograms floating around like open tabs.

"Cool right?"

"Mhm, just not highly secured," Tony drops his coffee as Bruce stops twisting a bolt.

"What?"

"Well yeah, I was able to get into the cameras easily," you hum, sucking on the green apple pop you took from a small bowl. (or whatever flavour you want)

"How?? Did you have a diploma in information technology and network security?"

"Never went to school, let alone university," pushing a bolt back and forth, Tony was slightly impressed as Bruce took out some tools. "So what do you need me to do?"

"Just a basic medical check up, MRI then an in depth cell examination,"

"Simple enough,"

"Medical history? Any diseases or allergies?"

"Nope," the cold stethoscope pressed on your chest as Bruce made you breathe in and out. (If you have allergies just ignore lmao)

"So, what's the deal with the languages?" Tony pointed a wrench at you.

"Needed to know them to talk to people,"

"No shit," he scoffs before walking closer. "What people?"

"Has the red head spider, emo or your own son told you anything?" your laugh rung out. "I'm impressed, thought the boy would blabber, if he was a celebrity I would be sure he'd hand spoilers out for his movie like a Green Peace pamphlet,"

"Mind telling us? Maybe you'd like to say it instead of us hearing it from others?" Bruce got you there. Nodding quietly, you take another breath on your own accord before explaining.

~~~

Thank you for the kind wishes last chapter! Ilysm!

- Anna ❤️