CHAPTER 5: Rescue team

POV FIRST PERSON

After this attack, we met at the command office to discuss this unforeseen attack.

Wales: This time they were not caught off guard.

Me: You are absolutely right, I had seen that there are not many guard ships at the base.

Cleveland: Well actually Zumwalt, the base has just been opened, so the assets at this base are few, the ships that will be here are still on their way.

Me: I understand, by the way. What about Enterprise?

Wales: Enterprise? Well, Cleveland, what about Enterprise?

Cleveland: According to her, she would be arriving tomorrow, because she had to tow Georgia and its escort fleet to its central base, they were ambushed by the siren, due to this delayed arrival.

Wales: I understand. But even so, I did not expect them to strike the first blow

Illustrious: That they make an alliance with Iron Blood is not a surprise.

PoW: I wonder if they know how dangerous it is to use siren technology.

Illustrious: The Royal Navy forces will also be here in no time, they won't catch us off guard again.

Me: I wonder if we should install AA batteries in the base?

PoW: We can't, we don't have the staff to handle them.

ME: I understand.

Illustrious: However, the Allied ships will be here shortly.

Wales: Yeah, they won't take us off guard anymore.

Me: Yes, we won't fall for that anymore.

Wales: By the way, I appreciate your help in repelling the first division.

Me: No problem, I just do my job.

Wales: No, without your help, for sure there would be a lot more damage or some death.

I understand. That sure would be something I want to happen.

Wales: Well, we end this session for now, I need to file the documents and also time to process what just happened.

All: We understand.

Illustrious: Well girls, how about you help repair ships and base damage?

Me: (uncomfortable) Well, I think we helped.

Cleveland: Well, I have light damage to my main turret, I'm going to repair it.

TIME SKIP POV THIRD PERSON

The base is somewhat destroyed in some places, due to the intervention of the destroyer Zumwalt the most damage and luckily most of the ships were not damaged.

Cleveland is now at the docks dismantling her main turret to do the respective inspections.

Cleveland: (Sighing) It's worse than I thought, the siren rocket, pierced through the mount's armor, (sigh) I think I was overconfident watching Zumwalt fight so confidently.

San Diego: (Shouts crying) My ship!

The San Diego ship, the self-proclaimed "base's most popular idol," is on fire and half sinking.

Cleveland: (Looking at Sandy's ship) At least I wish Vestal were here.

Cleveland continued with the work of continuing to repair her damage to her ship.