CHAPTER 20: Awakening from the Nightmare III

FLEET OF AZUR LANE

Pov first person

Now I am on the deck of the New Jersey with your fleet.

Jersey: (energetic tone) Hi rookie, I've heard a lot about you, I'm New Jersey and I'm an Iowa-class battleship.

Me: I'm Zumwalt, I'm a Zumwalt class destroyer, it's a pleasure to work with you.

San Francisco: Are you a destroyer? To my knowledge, Enterprise said you had identical power to an Iowa-class battleship, (Look at Destroyer Zumwalt) Also I don't see any weapons on your ship.

My ship is parallel to the New Jersey fleet and I control it remotely.

At that I snap my fingers and my 155mm guns unfold, jaw-dropping the New Jersey subordinates.

Francisco: (Shock) Are the cannons hidden?

Me: Yes, it is a countermeasure to reduce the radar signature, that's why my weapons are hidden under my deck, I am a ship focused on espionage, so I have to have a way to hide from enemy radars.

Boise: I see. But why do you call yourself a destroyer? Your length is identical to that of a heavy cruiser.

Me: Well that's true, but the government designated me as a destroyer, the government built me ​​for two reasons. One of them was as a measure against the Kirov-class cruisers which are the most powerful ships in Asia and Europe.

New Jersey: Russia? Where is that place?

Me: Well, that doesn't matter since that country doesn't exist in this world, so you're never going to visit it.

Ticonderoga: This world? What are you talking about?

Me: I am not from this world, I was brought here from another world.

Ticonderoga: I see, poor you, do you miss your friends from your world?

Me: Well yeah, a little.

Jersey: What's the other reason they built you?

Me: Oh that, before I continue, New Jersey, this other reason may be offensive to you, so don't get upset. Yes?

Jersey: (hesitantly) Offensive for me? What could it be? Just say it, I won't get upset.

Me: (sigh) Okay, but then don't tell me anything. The other reason was that my government had to find a way to replicate the offensive power of the titanic guns of the Iowa-class battleships on a lower tonnage warship, the answer to this was my construction, my country planned the construction out of 33 destroyers of my class.

New Jersey: Wow, you definitely have a lot of younger sisters.

Me: (Flat look) I only have 2 sisters, my country canceled my project after the construction of 3 destroyers, this was due to excess construction and maintenance costs making my project a total failure.

New Jersey: (sad) Oh sorry, I didn't mean to touch a sensitive subject for you.

Me: No problem, returning to the subject I do not know your subordinates New Jersey.

Jersey: Oh right, girls introduce yourself.

Ticonderoga: This is USS Ticonderoga, Essex-class aircraft carrier.

Me: It's a pleasure to meet you.

Francisco: (cheerful tone) USS San Francisco, it's a pleasure.

Me: It's a pleasure. (This girl is very cheerful)

Boise: USS Boise, I'm sorry, but now I'm having trouble speaking.

Me: It's a pleasure to meet you.

Francisco: Boise has problems with oxygen, she has to be connected to oxygen to fight without problems.

Me: understand.

Jersey: Well, for now it's us, the rest of my fleet was grounded due to repairs and maintenance.

Me: understand.

Francisco: Well, we are counting on you (smiles)

Me: In the same way.

POV THIRD PERSON

The Azur Lane fleet continued to accelerate towards the Orochi fleet.

Enterprise looks to the horizon while thinking, that's behind her is Belfast.

Belfast: Are you safe with this plan?

Enterprise: We have no other option, the enemy has been pointing a weapon of mass destruction at our home, we don't have more time to think about strategies since we don't have the resources to execute them, any pincer strategy or other maneuvers will consume many resources, in addition the ammunition of the Zumwalt cannons are fully stocked, since we will need the destructive power of the Zumwalt cannons we had no choice but to spend almost all our resources.

Belfast: I see, so we are between a rock and a hard place.

Enterprise: Yes, if this mission fails humanity will be doomed, I hope your queen's movement will be a hope of light on this path of darkness.

Belfast: Don't worry, Queen Elizabeth may seem immature, but she definitely knows what she's doing.

Enterprise: (smile) In that case I will not worry and I will buy as long as necessary.

Belfast: Tell that this fleet delaying the enemy for 4 hours will be enough.

Enterprise: Four hours? Yes it will be a very difficult fight.

Me: [I have contact on the radar, apparently the empire started to get involved with the Orochi fleet]

Enterprise: [How far away?]

Me: [A distance of 250 km to the northeast]

Enterprise: [Can you do a precision bombardment from here?]

Belfast: Hey Enterprise, don't ask for the impossible.

Enterprise: (Smiles) Knowing Zumwalt I wouldn't be surprised if she could shoot targets hundreds of miles away.

Belfast: I think you are overestimating Miss Zumwalt's abilities.

Me: [Hey Enterprise, was that a stupid question? Sure I can shoot]

Enterprise: (mocking tone) What were you saying Miss Belfast?

Belfast: (Surprised and open-mouthed) ...

Enterprise: [You have permission to fire on siren ships and Orochi]

Me: [OK]

Enterprise: [I must tell you that you just left Belfast speechless]

Me: [That's not my fault, well I'll shoot]

Enterprise sees that the Zumwalt ship is covered with smoke in the bow part and Enterprise and Belfast can see multiple rockets (From the point of view of Enterprise and Belfast) shoot out and then correct the trajectory towards the Orochi fleet .

Five Tomahawk missiles flew toward the Orochi fleet at subsonic speed.

TO BE CONTINUE...............