Ghostbur||DSMP||"He's gone?"

[Ghostbur X Ghost!Reader]
[ANGST]
[TW: SUICIDE MENTION RIGHT OFF THE BAT]

 I remember the day I died, it wasn't out with glory, it wasn't long deserving either; my death was on purpose, I did it myself. It was overbearing when I heard that Wilbur had died, I knew he had gone insane but begging his own father to kill him? That broke me, sending me into a downward spiral of depression, which led to my death. As a ghost i'm always hot, and unlike ghostbur, I could remember mostly bad things, with quite a few good things shining through.

 Meeting Ghostbur was everything; he was so happy to see me. Meeting his sheep named Friend brightened my day for weeks, yet Ghostbur always kept me happy. I got upset whenever someone called him Wilbur though, he wasn't Wilbur. We had fallen in love all over again, he was the perfect opposite to me: Ghostbur was always cold, I was always warm; Ghostbur was always innocent and optimistic, I was always aware and pessimistic; Ghostbur was always happy, I was always sad, yet he kept me happy. 

 I remember seeing Techno for the first time as a ghost, he looked distraught. Tommy was there too, during his exile; Tommy tried to hold his tears back but they came out anyway, I cried with him even though it burned. Tommy had always been like a little brother, and Techno had always been like an older brother when I was alive. Techno had tried his best to help me when I was at my lowest, him and Phil. Of course they had been so caring for Wilbur's significant other.

 I don't think anybody was surprised when they always saw Ghostbur and I walking together all the time, the amount of blue he had given me filled chests and my inventory. So many hours all faded away when I saw Tommy walking with Tubbo and Ranboo, Friend's lead in his hand with no Ghostbur in sight.

 "Tommy, where's Ghostbur?" I floated to the blond, who froze when he saw me. 

 "[G/N]! I-" He didn't need to finish his sentence to tell me what had happened, they were above L'manburg's 'grave' for a reason. I floated down just enough to look into Tommy's eyes and gripped his shoulders tightly, but not enough to hurt him.

 "Dream revived him, didn't he?" My voice grew dark, tears threatening to burn my 'skin'. Tommy avoided my gaze, and I let go of him. I knew the answer already. "I'm coming with you then."

 I made sure to hide myself from Wilbur when we saw him, Friend cuddling up to me the best way they could. Until Wilbur mentioned Ghostbur.

 "Oh I know him!... Tommy, the last thing I saw was a train pulling in, and there were two people on that train: one man, a desaturated me came rolling into town- came rolling into my limbo, he's in my limbo- he came rolling in, his face was steaming with tears-" Wilbur spoke, and I interupted him accidentally.

 "He was crying...?" I mumbled, unfortunately quite loudly.

 Wilbur jumped, his head snapping over to me. "[Y/N]?" his tone sounded hurt when he saw my form. "You're dead?" he walked over to have his hand go through my face, I didn't want him to touch me.

 "Yes, I'm dead, and I would much rather be with Ghostbur than you." I spat, not really remembering why I loved Wilbur at all.

 "What? You love me! You promised-" Wilbur started to shout, before I cut him off.

 "'As long as I live', and that was before you blew up L'Manburg and fucking died on me." I snapped on him, floating so i'm inches away from his face. 

 "[G/N]?" Ranboo's voice entered my ears, and I backed away from Wilbur. I just wish that I hadn't been blinded by Wilbur when I was alive so I could be there for these kids.

 "I'll see you when you get home, Ranboo; later, Tommy, Tubbo." I said, 'walking' away towards the Nether Portal, plans to be revived already filling my head. 

-END-
I've been writing this for a few days, i'm surprised I even got it out tbh. Recently I've really been into Ace Attorney (again), and I started watching the anime last week! Before that I was super into Hermitcraft again, especially after re-reading The Red Sun Never Sets on ao3! (I recommend if you like no ship angst fics! It's Mumbo Jumbo angst and I loved it, even after the second time reading!) Ive had many oneshots in the works recently, but this is the newest and only one that has been published as of me writing this lil end bit here :]. Anyway, thanks for reading! Sincerely, Elliot.