Quackity||DSMP||"Maze"

{Original soulmate AU: Soulmates are put on opposite sides of a maze, and must find their soulmate before the time runs out or they die.}

{DSMP! QUACKITY X READER}

 I had learned of the maze by a few of my older friends, and there were a few interesting things about the maze on the internet: the maze only chooses pairs ages 18-21 and that had already met- weather in person or not- which caught many people by surprise, less than 50% of the world's population goes into the maze, many people die inside the maze- which is one of the reasons why non-soulmate couples exist, along with many people not having a soulmate- and that inside the maze you receive an item that belongs to your soulmate.

 Having never been inside the maze, I was definately scared, however I had been through many wars in my life. Surviving was something I did well, even if I was unhappy.

 I never thought that i'd wake up in the maze, it's size was the scariest part, thousands of blocks in each direction. I was disoriented, it was dark and I could barely make out the torches lining the walls up ahead. Looking up to the ceiling I saw a timer counting down 24:56:27, twenty-four hours, fifty-six minutes and twenty-seven seconds left for me to find them. I started off running straight ahead, immeidately finding myself with 3 obsidian pathways to choose from. The middle one was pitch black, the right having torches along it's walls, but the right hall seemed the most promising- most people's instinct is to go right, and my left would be my soulmate's right-, deciding to go to the dimly lit left, I quickly snatched a lit torch from the right hall, and ran the opposite way. 

 I had run through many different passageways until I remembered that I owned a compass, quickly patting my pockets I didn't find it. I had started to panic, the compass was something that my friend had given me before they disappeared.

 "FUCK!" I shouted, hoping that my soulmate had received it and I hadn't lost it. Reassuring to myself that my soulmate had my compass, I trekked on. After a few hallways I decided to look up to the timer, seeing 19:58:32. "It's been 5 hours...?" I sighed, hoping that I wasn't getting farther from my soulmate.

 I walked up to a chest, a hallway in every direction, opening the chest I found food, a stone sword, a health potion, and a beanie hat. At first my mind went to Wilbur, but I quickly debunked it because he was dead. Looking at it a bit more, I saw the letters "LAFD" upon the folded lip.

 "Of course it's Quackity..." my heart broke slightly for him and myself, I had feelings for him but gave up because he had hated when people mentioned soulmates after what happened with Jschlatt, and after that Karl and Sapnap.

 However, this gave me more motivation. I was going to show this man every ounce of love I have. I slid the beanie onto my head, put the sword into the sheath, and took my torch into my hand once again. Taking a deep breath, I started off again. A few halls later I started to hear the clicking of bones and the hissing of spiders, I took my sword into my dominant hand and went into the room. I was on the right track if I was running into mobs. I saw 2 spider jockeys inside the room, along with a single spider. The two spider jockeys had been shooting at eachother, so I snuck up and killed the lone spider, then killed the other two spiders, letting the two skeletons kill eachother as I left.

 I looked up at the timer, 15:27:09. I've been in this maze for almost 10 hours, yet I haven't even heard-

 "ALEJARSE DE Mí" The words echoed through the tall ceiling, yet the words still sounded far.

 "QUACKITY?!" I screamed, running in the direction I heard him from, yet I ran directly into a dead end.

 "[Y/N]!?" I heard Quackity's voice grow further away.

 I sighed, trying to find my way to the man who was definately running from something. Looking up I saw purple eyes a few feet above my head, panicking I started running away, yet I saw more and more of them. I ran up to a chest that was sitting in the hallway, an iron chestplate sat inside the chest, along with a torn piece of a poster. With further inspection, I found it to be a torn piece of the El Rapids supremacy banner. However, my nostalgic moment was cut short by a hiss and explosion.

 "Shit!" I dropped my torch to hold my shoulder, but my torch fizzled out. "Oh nooo..." I hissed.

 I sighed, putting the chestplate on. I was saving all my health pots for the end. I pulled out my sword, starting on towards the faint light ahead, keeping in mind where I last heard Quackity.

 I looked back up at the timer, seeing that I had been fighting against mobs for about 3 hours, as the timer said 11:43:12. I had gained bruises, cuts, and scratches from many mobs I had ran into, yet I still refused to use the health potions I had gained back at the beginning. Looking at the timer that hung high above the maze's walls, I noticed that I was getting closer to the middle of the maze. My eyes widened, and I navigated my way through the halls. Finally I had arrived in the middle, I could rest for a little while.

 I laid down on the cold obsidian floor, finally being able to rest my limbs. I attempted to wrap up my injuries, which I did but very messily. I felt myself succumb to the sleep that pulled on my eyelids. It felt like I had only let my eyes close for a moment as my eyes shot open once again, looking up at the timer I saw 05:52:48. Panic filled my bones, yet it was then that I realized why I had been woken up. 

 "[Y/N]?!" He was right outside the middle, yet he sounded like his voice was strained, in pain almost.

 I quickly shot up, grabbing a torch from upon the wall, and walking to where Quackity's voice came from. I decided to leave sticks as markers of where I need to go.

 "Quackity?!" I shouted, looking in every direction.

 "[Y/N]!" Quackity's voice was right to my left, and my head shot to his direction, where he was running at me.

 "Big Q!" I pulled the man into a hug quickly, I noticed the only armor he had was an iron helmet, and he looked more beat up than I did. "Here." I pulled away from the hug, handing him a health potion.

 "Nononono, you need this." He pushed it back, yet I gave him a glare. "Okay fine, only because I don't like how you're looking at me." He then downed the pink liquid, seeming to look better already.

 "I left a trail back to the middle, then we can walk to the exit together, okay?" I spoke softly, taking Quackity's hand in my own, to which he nodded and intertwined his fingers with mine.

 Once we arrived back inside the middle together, the floor started to go down like an elevator, and all that was left was to walk up to the iron doors ahead of us and into the the portal back home.

 "I'm sorry if me being your soulmate was disappointing, or if you're mad you have a soulmate at all..." I mumbled, gripping tightly on his hand.

"Hey, it's okay." He spoke giving me a small smile.

"Thank yoU- QUACKITY!" I was quickly swiped off my feet by the man- which startled me- I wrapped my arms behind his neck as he ran towards the door. My face was most likely a bright red, yet I didn't really care. I had actually felt safe for the first time since Schlatt was elected president of L'Manburg.

 "Can we kiss?" Quackity's question caught me by surprise, yet I leaned in anyway. Our lips pressing together softly, and it felt like nothing else mattered but us at that moment. Once we pulled away, Quackity started to laugh. "I never thought we'd end up kissing, ever." this caused me to start laughing, and placing a sweet kiss on his cheek.

 "Me either." I smiled, and Quackity put me down. I intertwined my pinky with his, and we walked through the door.

-END-

This took a few days to write, and it's also a concept i've had for a long while but just never used. anyway, thanks for reading! Sincerely, Elliot.