Gyro Gearloose||Ducktales 2017||"Time"

In which Gyro messes up with the time-tub. Again. Leaving him to fall in love with a gardener from the 1940's.

{Human AU}

---

 I was taking care of my flower shop, when a flash of light went off in the corner of my eye. It was 7am, and I see no reason for fancy camera's to be around, as I was yet to open. Looking to my left I see a... bathtub? I looked at the man in the tub, he was dressed like he belonged in a whole other era. I stared at him in shock as he looked around at the different types of flowers, that is until he noticed me, his eyes going as wide as saucers.

 "Oh-" He jumped out of the tub, fixing his hat and pushing his specs up. "What year is it?" He asked, approaching me.

 "1946, April 14th." I told the man, as I removed the gloved I was wearing to trim the rose thorns. "And you, time traveler, have set your tub right in the middle of my flower shop." I said, laughing a bit at his expression to my words.

 "Well then I'll be on my way." The man said, going back into the bathtub, that didn't flash away. "Are you kidding me?!" The man yelled after a few minutes with a sigh, climbing back out of the tub.

 "Looks like you're stuck with me." I said with a laugh, " Name's [Y/N] [L/N]." I held my hand out for a handshake.

 "Dr. Gyro Gearloose." He spoke, shaking my hand.

-

 It's been a couple weeks since Gyro appeared out of nowhere in the middle of my flower shop. He'd finally finished fixing his time device, and he was leaving. I didn't want him to leave, I had grown attached to the man during his stay in my time. I saw him add the last touches to the clock, place a few things in the tub, and stand up. He looked back to me with a smile on his face, his newer 40's attire still being worn.

 "This is goodbye, [Y/N] [L/N]." Gyro said, holding his hand out.

 I took his hand and pulled him into a hug, he stiffened at this but eased into it after a moment. Gyro's arms wrapped around me, and they stayed there for a moment. However, this moment would never be good enough to compare to the fact I would never see him again. Tears flooded my eyes at this realization, and I fought them back.

 "Goodbye, Gyro Gearloose." I spoke as I let go, allowing him to climb into the time machine.

 And with one final smile, he was gone just like he came: in a flash of light. A few seconds passed before the tears started falling. Who knew two weeks spent with someone could bring such strong feelings. I looked around the quaint flower shop I owned.

 "Gyro what're you doing?"  I asked, looking at the man who was walking around the shop, re-arranging pots of flowers. Gyro jumped, dropping the potted Lily Of The Valley, making me flinch.

 "I was putting the flowers in alphabetical order, they're all a mess." Gyro said with a sigh, picking up the clay pot shards. I laughed at this.

 "Gyro they were in seasonal order." I said with a laugh, walking over to help him. I laughed again at Gyro going silent. I then picked up the beautiful flower and some of it's soil from the floor with a sigh. "Such a beautiful flower with such a beautiful meaning." I mumbled, going to replant it.

 "What does it mean?" Gyro's voice called out from the trashcan where he had been throwing out the pot shards.

 "The Lily Of The Valley means 'a return to happiness', amongst a few other things." I told him with a smile on my face as I put more soil into the pot I had placed the flower into. Gyro hummed, swiping some of the soil left on the floor into his hands, and walking over to me to place it into the pot I was holding.