Charles Calvin||Henry Stickmin Collection

Red String Soulmate AU
(Valiant Hero Ending Spoilers)

 I always pulled on the red string tied around my finger, only to get a tug back. When I was little, I had always wanted to find the person on the other side of the string. Now I had the chance, after getting out of college, I started my 'expedition' to find them. Although, my soulmate was everywhere all the time, and I could never pin point their location. I had taken many bus trips and many taxis, but I knew I was closer than I've ever been. After 5 years. I stopped where I was walking, which was torward the next bus station, and noticed the red string I had been following for so long was becoming shorter. I grabbed the over-the-shoulder bag with one of my hands and started sprinting. I tugged on the string in fear my soulmate would get away again, and they tugged back. The tug was stronger than it had ever been and I continued to follow the string, until I ended up at a small restarant. I tugged at the string again, looking inside to see if anyone reacted.

 I saw a man with dirty blonde hair, and a red and gray headset on get nudged by nothing. I promptly walked inside, looking to where I saw the man, seeing the one red string come from where he was sitting. I Finally found him, my soulmate. I walked closer to the table where the man was sitting alone, and I watched as he turned his head in my direction.

 "Huh?" My soulmate spoke.

 "Hi." I spoke, a small smile on my face as I lifted my hand with the string attached.

 "Oh! Hey!" My soulmate's face brightened by ten times, as he gestured for me to sit.

 "I'm [Y/N]." I spoke as I sat down.

 "I'm Charles!" Charles' face lit up with a smile as he pointed his thumb at his chest.

 For the next several hours we just talked, I learned he was a military veteran, and a helicopter pilot. He also told me that he has always wanted to crash his helicopter into a building heroically. I found it cute. He asked me how I found him, and I told him "Following the string for 5 years". He apologised for being so hard to find, and I told him it was fine. Charles and I instantly clicked, which made sense, as soulmates were supposed to.

 Although, that was almost 2 years ago now, and I loved Charles with all my heart. Now, I sat infront of his grave. Finding out about his death crushed me, and seeing what used to be a red string, white made it much worse. I can remember that day so vividly, specifically that Henry Stickmin, a man Charles thought very highly of, and a friend of mine, had told me.

 I had gotten a knock on my door, and stood there the one and only Henry Stickmin. It was easy to tell the wasn't here for a good reason, and the fact that Charles wasn't behind him made my heart sink.

 "Henry, don't tell me-" I started, Henry looked at me with a face that confirmed my worst fear.

 "I- I'm sorry, [Y/N]." Henry spoke, tears in his eyes.

 "Please, no..." The tears started to well up in my eyes.

 Henry only nodded, and I broke down. Charles wasn't coming home ever again. My soulmate was gone.

 "Charles and I took down the toppat space station, but he didn't make it." Henry spoke.

 Henry and I got closer after that, becoming good friends. It's only been a few months, but it might take me years to get over Charles. I will always miss his jokes, his airhead moments, but I also miss his forehead kisses, and cuddles, his loving words, and gifts from when he was gone for months.

 It was only recently that Henry told me the entire story. I wanted to say it was all his fault, but I knew it wasn't. It wasn't anyone's fault. All I knew, was that Charles was a valiant hero, and I would love him til I die.

-END-I DID NOT mean for it to get sad in the ending, but I didn't know what to do with it. I knew I just had to do something for Charles, even if it isn't as long as i'd want it to be. I'm sorry if it isn't good. Anyway, thanks for reading! Derpy out.