Chapter Sixty Five

"Mitt?" Bucky asked William as they prepared for his first baseball game.

"Check."

"Bat?"

"Check."

Bucky knelt down in front of his son and made sure his cleats were tied properly. He glanced over Will's shoulder just as Catherine came walking out of their room. She had on a t shirt that said Baseball Mom in pink font and tight, jean shorts that left nothing to the imagination if she bent over. He stood up and walked over to her, place his hands on his hips. "Are you sure you want to wear these?"

She cocked an eyebrow at him. "Yes. Why? They're comfortable."

"They're a little short." He pointed out.

"Are you going to rip these off as well?" She asked quietly.

"I can."

"Alright. Alright. We've got to go. I think Sam is going to meet us there." She said ushering her boys outside. There were rare moments in Catherine's life where she felt normal and this was one of them. It was a Saturday, she was with her husband and they were about to watch their son play his first game of the season.

"Aren't you worried about getting too hot?" She asked noticing Bucky was wearing a long sleeve shirt and gloves. She knew exactly why. He was hiding himself and she hated it. She wished people would be more accepting of him.

"I don't want to draw any unwanted attention." He told her, opening her car door for her to get inside.

"Bucky, you don't need to hide yourself. If anyone says anything, I'll deal with them."

"As much as I appreciate my wife wanting to defend me, I would feel more comfortable like this."

Catherine was silent. She knew he hadn't fully accepted himself yet. Who knew if he ever would? To him, it had only been two years of therapy with Shuri and it would take a lot more then two years for him to erase the Winter Soldier from his brain. She couldn't help but think if they needed to go back to Wakanda to further his therapy. Maybe there was a possibility they could just video chat with her.

She took his hand reassuringly once they reached the park. She knew he was nervous to be around so many people, but he was only here for his son. They picked a seat in the bleachers and made sure Will's uniform was on correctly.

"Hey Catherine!" She heard Sadie, the coach's wife say as William walked over to join his team. "Long time no see. Who am I kidding, you were off saving the world!"

Catherine looked over at the woman. She was the definition of a trophy wife, but at least she was nice and made the initiative to talk to Catherine. The rest of the parents were too scared to talk to her. Sadie was eccentric and had no filter, but she was genuine and didn't treat her like she was strange.

"I'm so sorry about your brother. He was a gift to mankind." Sadie said.

"Thank you." Was all she could say.

"This must be your husband. Hi, I'm Sadie, Deacon's mom. I watched the trial and it was just awful. Some people have no respect!" She continued to talk.

Bucky glanced at Catherine, a helpless look on his face. "It's...nice to meet you. I'm James."

"Well, enjoy the game!" Sadie said just as Sam arrived.

"You know your son told me the nickname you have for me." Sam informed Catherine as he sat down next to her.

"Which one?" She asked.