Chapter Twenty Five

A/N: I debated on whether I wanted to include the actual Avengers movie and Iron Man 3. I really would like to but that make this story super longer and I don't want to bore anyone. I'm super excited to finally get to this point though!

One Year Later
Somewhere over the Indian Ocean

"The target is a mobile satellite launch platform: The Lemurian Star. They were sending up their last payload when pirates took them, 93 minutes ago." Agent Rumlow explained to the group on the plane.

"Any demands?" Steve asked.

"A billion and a half." Rumlow answered.

"Why so steep?" Steve asked confused.

Catherine secured her parachute. "Because it's SHIELD's."

"So it's not off-course, it's trespassing." Steve said.

"I'm sure they have a good reason." Natasha pointed at.

Catherine watched as Steve and Natasha bickered back and forth for a couple of minutes while checking her straps again. She listened to Rumlow explain more about the mission and the hostages.

"Alright, I'm gonna sweep the deck and find Batroc. Nat, you'll kill the engines and wait for instructions. Rumlow, you sweep aft, find the hostages, get them to the life-pods, get 'em out. Catherine, apprehend the pirates. Let's move." Steve told everyone. "Secure channel seven."

Catherine checked her wrist to make sure she was on the correct channel and let out a shaky breath.

"You okay?" Steve asked her quietly.

"Yeah. Just not a fan of jumping out of planes." She admitted.

"I'll hold your hand." Steve teased.

Catherine glared at him. The past year had been crazy to say the least. Shortly after officially joining the Avengers, Thor's brother Loki decided to steal the tesseract from SHIELD which promoted Fury to call in the Avengers. They were able to defeat Loki thankfully. Accept she lost her partner Phil. It crushed her when she found him dead because of Loki. If it wasn't for him, she would probably still be with HYDRA. She had grown close to all of her fellow Avengers, but especially Steve. He finally learned to trust her. He would usually ask her or Natasha for help on missions.

"What are you doing Saturday?" She heard Natasha ask breaking her from her thoughts.

"Nothing...why?" She asked suspiciously.

"You two should hang out then. You two have to be the most boring people I've ever met." Natasha said referring to Steve.

"Gee. Thanks." Catherine said sarcastically.

Steve smiled and shook his head.

"You okay?" Rumlow asked.

"Yeah. Why?" She said.

"You look nervous." He pointed out.

"I'll be okay. Thanks for the concern." She said with a smile.

"You didn't say anything to anyone about us going out Saturday?" He asked.

"Well, the whole world pretty much knows everything about me Brock. Some things, I like to keep just myself." She told him. "Now focus."

Catherine turned her attention back to the hatch opening revealing the dark sky and dark, churning water of the ocean. She could barely make out the ship in question in the distance. She tapped the dial of her altitude monitor and flipped down her night vision goggles just in time to see Steve jump out of the plane without a parachute on. She felt her lips curl into an amused smile, show off.