Chapter Eighty

A/N: You guys! I could cry! I've been seeing my story pop up all over Tik Tok and just want to think everyone who recommends it or is taking the time to make a video regarding it. It means so much. Thank you!

"Karli Morgenthau is too dangerous for you guys to be pulling this shit." They heard John Walker's voice as they walked down the street.

Nope. Not today. Catherine was not in the mood to deal with him.

"How'd you find us?" Bucky asked annoyed.

"You think three Avengers can walk around Latvia without drawing attention?" Lemar asked.

"No more keeping us in the dark." Walker said as he descended the stairs. "You could start by telling us why you broke him out of prison."

"He did that himself...technically." Bucky told him.

Walker threw his hands in the air frustrated. "This better be an unbelievable explanation."

Sam stepped forward between Bucky and Walker. "Hey, take it easy before it gets weird."

"I know where Karli is." Zemo spoke up.

Walker stopped Zemo from moving. "Well, where?"

"All we know is, it's a memorial. So, we're going to intercept her there." Sam explained.

"That means civilians. High risk of causalities." Lemar said.

Catherine shook her head. "No. Those people are her people. She won't hurt them. She's protecting them."

"We can't be so sure." Walker said. "We'll move in fast, take her by surprise."

"I don't like this." Catherine whispered to Bucky as they walked. Sam and John were arguing behind them.

"Sam or the other two?" He asked.

"The other two. They're too...trigger happy if you ask me." She answered. "People tend to get hurt if someone is too cocky."

"We'll keep them in check." Bucky promised.

"Are you gonna let your partner walk into a room with a Super Soldier alone?" Walker asked Bucky and Catherine.

Catherine tilted her head at his question. Technically, Sam had already been in a room with a super Solider, sometimes two, many times and she was married to one.

"He's dealt with worse. And he's not my partner." Bucky said.

The group started walking again, towards a little girl, the one who had spoken to Zemo earlier. She kept her distance from John. Something seemed very wrong with him. He was just so tense. Maybe it was the pressure of being Captain America? Maybe the government was pressing him to find the Flag Smashers? While being a Solider in the military was stressful, what Bucky, Sam and Catherine did as Avengers was a whole different world. She almost felt sorry for him. Almost.

They were led into some sort of abandoned warehouse where the supposed funeral would take place. She had to admit that an uneasy feeling overtook her as they walked inside. She could take down one or two super soldiers, maybe three, but twenty? Absolutely not. Even with Bucky helping, there was no way.

"Karli's in there." Zemo told Sam.

"All right." Sam said.

"Hey, you've got 10 minutes. Then we're doing things my way." Walker said. Ten minutes to convince someone to turn from their ways? That didn't seem attainable.

John grabbed Zemo, taking out of a pair of handcuffs and handcuffing him to some sort of handle. For once, she agreed with John. Zemo couldn't be trusted fully. She leaned against the wall, while Bucky stood in front of the entrance that lead to the funeral. Her eyes fixated on John who was bent over, looking at the shield. Something was wrong with him, almost like he was wired, but she chose not to focus on it. She caught Bucky's gaze who seemed to notice his strange behavior as well. All he did was shrug his shoulders.