Chapter Ninety One

A/N: I just wanted to hop on here and apologize for this chapter being shorter. Also, I wanted to let you guys know that there will only be two more chapters in this story. I know a lot of you guys don't want it to end, but I know it's time. I'm working super hard to make those two chapters amazing though. I hope these last few chapters don't seem too rushed either. I'm trying to depict Catherine's urgency. After this book is finished, I plan on taking a small break from writing since I've been working on this since August 2020. Once that small break is over, I have a Steve Rogers story coming out. I initially posted the two chapters, but found it too difficult to write two books at the same time so I unpublished it for the time being. As always, thanks for reading. And also, keep the comments respectful. I've seen people fighting and people saying not so nice things to me. It could be jokes, but it's hard to tell someone's emotions and intentions through a comment.

Catherine was in agony as she keeled over the toilet in SHEILD's New York office. She sat on the ground, head leaned against the bathroom stall as she wiped the bile off her mouth. The two altercations had really done a number on her. Her side was killing her. She felt like she was dying. When she finally caught her breath, she pulled herself out and stumbled to the sink.

She turned the water on, washed her hands and then scooped some water out to rinse her mouth out. When she looked up at the mirror, she was slightly taken aback. She looked terrible. Her eyes were red and puffy. Face pale. She redid her bun and straightened out her blazer before walking back out into the lobby.

"Cat, you okay? You look really pale?" Bucky asked as he noticed her.

"I'm fine. Just...tired." She assured him.

"Maybe you should take a break? It's only been two weeks. Your body needs time to heal." He told her. "Maybe we should call your doctor?"

"Bucky, I swear I'm fine. I'm suppose to see her in a few days anyways." She said. "Now, do we have any information on the guy we brought in?"

"We have a name. Kiev Dak. He was former Russian intelligence. Right after DC, he went dark. Many assumed he was dead. I guess he decided to joined Hydra." Bucky told her as they walked towards the interrogation room. "We also pulled a phone off the guy. It's highly encrypted though."

Catherine nodded her head understandingly. That phone could be useful, but they needed someone to crack it open for them. Torres! "Do you know where Sam is? I have an idea."

"I think he's waiting for us outside the room." Bucky told her.

The two of them picked up their pace. Sam stood outside the interrogation room, his body leaned against the wall, arms crossed. "He's not talking."

"I figured. I'm going to give it a shot though. Is your friend Torres around? I need his help breaking into the phone we pulled off Kiev." She asked.

"I'll call him and see if he can help us." Sam told her.

"Thank you Sam." She said. She stood outside the door of the interrogation room, trying to collect herself. She couldn't let this guy see that she was about to lose it any second. She had to remain calm. She felt Bucky's hand on her lower back, his thumb rubbing it gently.

"I've got you." He whispered.

"I know." She told him. She put her hand on the door and opened it. Bucky walked in behind her and opted to stand in the corner while Catherine took a seat across from Kiev. The guy had an almost amused grin on his face as he watched her.

"Do you know who I am?" Catherine asked as she folded her hands along the table.

"You have many names." He said with a thick Russian accent.