Chapter Forty One

Catherine awoke with a smile on her face. She didn't know the last time she had. Her head laid on Bucky's bare chest on his bed inside the hut. He had his arm curled around her while his chest rose and fell steadily. Flashbacks of the night before played through her head causing her cheeks to turn red. She didn't know how late they stayed up and she didn't care either. However, she was aware of the soreness between her thighs.

She lifted her head slightly to look at Bucky. She swore she could spend hours staring at him. She lifted her hand up to gently touch his cheek and his face twitched slightly.

"I was having a good dream." He said with annoyance before opening his eyes.

"Mmm. Was it better than laying with me with no clothes on?" She asked. 

"Not quite." He teased and kissed her softly. "You okay?"

"I'm perfect." She said happily. "Although, I think I could use a shower and maybe some food."

She pulled the blanket off of her and moved to straddle Bucky. His harden cocked brushed against her pelvis and abdomen.

Bucky chucked. "What are you doing?"

"What does it look like I'm doing?" She asked.

She guided her hand over his cock and a small gasp came from his mouth. He rested his head back against the pillow. After a few more agonizing, slow movements of her hand, she hovered her body over his cock and lowered herself down. She rocked her hips slowly and allowed her hands to drag along the muscles of Bucky's torso. She could feel the muscles tensing with every movement she was doing.

"Fuck, doll." Bucky said through gritted teeth.

He moved his hand to grip her thigh, wanting her to go faster and she did. The soreness between her thighs slowly started to disappear. All she wanted to focus on was making Bucky feel good. He moved his hand again, this time to grip her bottom as he buried himself inside of her. She watched with a satisfied smile as cursed her name. When he was done, she rolled off of him and laid next to him in the bed.

"You know, you're something else, Catherine." He told her.

"I've been told that a few times." She looked over at him. "What was your dream about by the way? The one that was almost better than me riding your dick."

"Can't tell you." He mumbled.

Catherine sat up and looked at him with curious eyes. "What do you mean?"

"Because, it might not come true."

"Bucky Barnes, dreams are not wishes."

"Well, it's kind of a wish too." He admitted. He buried his hand in her hair. "One day, you'll find out. I promise."

"Okay..." she trialed off.

"Hungry?" He asked. "I can make eggs and toast. That's about it."

Catherine laughed and got out of the bed. "Eggs and toast it is. Do you have a shower?"

"Yes. It's right through that door. No hot water though." He warned her.

Her eyes widened at the thought of no hot water. At least it meant she would take a quick shower. She rifled through her bag until she found her shampoo and soap and a change of clothes. He was right. There was no hot water. She let out a small shriek feeling the water hit her skin. After the shower she put her hair into a bun and put on a pair of black shorts and simple grey shirt.

When she came back out, Bucky had finished cooking breakfast. The two of them sat at his small table and ate. They talked about what they do today, about what was going on the world. It was almost as if they were a normal couple.

Over the next week, they spent every waking moment together. She helped him learn to cook a little better and helped with the goats. Tony was starting to wonder when she would be back. He kept messaging and trying to call her. She knew her time with Bucky was coming to an end and it killed her. She didn't want to leave him.

On the day she was set to leave, Shuri asked if she would be interested in watching one of Bucky's therapy sessions. She was blown away as she walked into the main building, which she assumed was equivalent to a palace. It was just as beautiful as the outside. The two of them walk hand in hand through the building talking about their week and when they would see each other next.

"Sergeant Barnes. Agent Stark." Shuri said as they walked into her lab.

Bucky moved to sit on something that resembled a small bed. At the head of it were some wires that connected to computer.

"Are you ready?" Shuri asked Bucky.

"Yes." He told her.

Bucky gave Catherine a reassuring smile and laid down. She watched as Shuri placed stickers with wires connected to them in his forehead and temples. He closed his eyes and Shuri moved to look at her computer.

"You can watch if you like." She told her.

Catherine studied the computer as she typed. It looked familiar.

"This is the program Hydra used to wipe him." She said alarmed.

"It's based off of that program.  I figured if they could erase his memories, it could also put them back. It took me a while but I finally reversed the system. We're only in what I call Phase One. I've almost put all of his memories back. The next Phase will be learning to cope and work through the words Hydra used. I've been able to say some of them, but it still agitates him sometimes." Shuri explained. "It makes it easier that he only has one arm though in case he decides to attack."

"Does it hurt him?" Catherine asked.

"Sometimes he gets a headache. He's asleep during it though." She answered.

"This is amazing Shuri. This could help so many people. Thank you." She told her.

She looked up as T'Challa walked into the room. "Your sister is a genius."

T'Challa laughed. "Please don't give her a bigger ego. I hear you're leaving today."

"Unfortunately, yes. Tony is starting to ask questions. Thank you for letting me see him." She said.

"I felt it may help his recovery to see a familiar face. You are welcome to see him any time."

"Thank you T'Challa." She told him.

He nodded his head and then left the room. A few minutes later, Shuri finished Bucky's therapy. Catherine went to stand by him until he woke up.

"How do you feel?" Shuri asked him, while Catherine helped him sit up.

"Fine. Thank you." He told her. "I know you need to leave."

Catherine sighed. "Yeah, I do."

Bucky and her walked outside and started heading to where the plane was waiting for her.

"I know you wanted to see if you could bring back to the US, but I'm not ready Catherine." He admitted.

"But-" she tried to say.

"I don't want to hurt anyone, especially innocent people. The last thing I want is to mess up and be thrown into prison." He explained.

"I understand."

They stopped in front of the plane and Bucky leaned down to kiss her. He hated this. He hated saying good bye again, but at least he knew he would be able to see her again unlike the last times. She rested her forehead against his and put her hand on the back of his neck.

"It's going to be okay Catherine. I'm safe here. Don't worry." He told her softly. "I love you."

"I love you too." She said.

She let go of him and turned to go on the plane. Before walking inside, she took one last look at Bucky who was smiling at her. Once she was inside the plane, she took her phone out and dialed Steve's number. It rang a couple of times before he answered.

"Catherine." She heard him say.

"Steve. Where are you?" She asked.

"Paris. Why?" He asked.

"I'm coming to see you. Okay? I'll text you when I land." She told him and hung up.