Ch.36:Meeting the divergent family

Theo p.o.v

Today,Shai and Ashton are going to move to England to live with me.I can't believe that I'm finally starting a family.My mother kept pressuring me to have kids,and now I finally have one,with the most beautiful woman in the entire world,Shai.

I can't imagine a life without Shai.Without her in my life,I probably wouldn't be happy.Before I met Shai,I use to be that guy that never really smiled.Now that I've met her,I've become better.

And now that we have a child together,I know that I need to start focusing on the important things.That is a bit hard for me to do,because I'm all about having fun.

I get snapped out of my thoughts by Ashton.He's crying.

I pick him up from his crib.I cradle him in my arms,carefully.He looks up at me.He quiets down and his cries turn into little whimpers.

I kiss his head,"It's ok buddy,daddy's got you."

His eyes start closing,and soon,he's asleep.

Shai's in the shower right now,so I have to take care of Ashton.

Everyone's coming over in a little while.They all want to meet Ashton before we take off to England.Shai's been a little depressed because of her mother.She told me that her and her mother use to be so close,but now they can't even stand being in the same room together.

I set Ashton back down into his crib.He stirs around a bit,but then stops.

I smile.

I grab my suitcase and start packing my stuff up.I fold all my shirts,pants,and shorts,and stuff them in my suitcase.

As I'm packing,Shai walks into the room.She grabs a pair of underwear and a bra.She throws them on the bed and walks over to her wardrobe.She grabs a flannel shirt and some shorts.She throws them on the bed as well.

"What's got you in such a bad mood?"I ask,closing my suitcase.

She sits down on the bed and sighs,"Everything."

I frown,"Even moving with me to England?"

She shakes her head,"No,that,Im excited about."

I put my suitcase on the floor.I walk over to where she's sitting,and sit next to her.I wrap my arms around her,"Then what is it?"

"I just want my mom to accept the fact that I've had a baby,and that I'm getting married,"she says."She's so stubborn sometimes."

I nod,"Don't let it get to you Shai.Just focus on what life has to bring us in the future."

She nods,"Yeah."

I kiss her head.I stand up and walk over to Ashton's crib.I peek a look at him,and see that he's still sleeping.

I walk over to my suitcase and pick it up.I look at Shai,"Ill let you get ready.Don't forget to pack."

She nods.

I smile at her and walk out of the room.

Miles and Ansel helped me pack Ashton's things yesterday,so I don't need to worry about that.They're also going to help me put them on the plane.

I set my suitcase down by the front door.I sit on the couch and wait for Shai to get ready.

__________________________

In five hours,Shai and Ashton are going to fly to England with me,so we can live together in my home.I can't wait much longer!

Shai is currently packing her stuff.She doesn't have lots of things to pack,so she's almost done.