Ch.40:Family night

Theo p.o.v

My mom wants to have a family night today.Shai is really looking forward to it.She can't wait to see everyone.She told me that she missed them.

My mom didn't want to give Ashton to me when I picked him up,yesterday.She said that she wanted to hold him forever.

Right now,Shai and I are sitting on our couch,watching tv,in our living room.Ashton is asleep in his swing,which is here in the living room as well.Shai keeps flicking her eyes towards him,and the tv.She gets worried,especially because Jai is still out there somewhere.

"What do you guys normally do on family nights?"Shai asks.

"We just play some games,eat dinner,have kid races,"I say.

"Kid races?"she asks.

I chuckle,"Yeah.My brothers came up with it.Kids 3 or older have to go through a series of races,basically, obstacle courses."

Shai laughs,"Good thing Ashton was only born a week ago."

"I know,"I say."And the kids go hard.They push,kick,sometimes bite-"

Shai puts a finger on my lips,"I don't need to know."

I laugh again,"Ok."

Shai gets up from the couch,"Im going to go take a shower."

As she walks past me,I grab her wrist and yank her.She falls down on my laps,"You are not going anywhere,"I say,pressing a soft kiss to her lips.

She giggles,"Theo!I want to look nice for your family later!"

"You already do,"I say.

She blushes.

I smirk.

She gets out of my arms.

I frown.

She start running upstairs.

"Well bye!"I yell up to her.

"Bye!"I hear her yell back.

I chuckle.

I look at Ashton.His eyes are wide open,looking up at the toys on his swing.I smile at him.

He starts to whimper.

I get up from the couch and go over to his swing.I turn it off.I unbuckle him.I pick him up,and cradle him against my chest.

His whimpers turn into quiet ones.I kiss the top of his head.He looks up at me,with those hazel eyes,just like Shai's.I smile down at him,"Hey buddy.You ready to go to daddy's,crazy, family night?"

He gurgles.

Shai dressed him up in his bear onesie.She didn't put his beanie on yet,so his hair is a mess.He has quite a lot of hair.

I walk around the living room,trying to get him to sleep.He doesn't seem like going to sleep anymore,because he just keeps looking around.

I start to sing a lullaby for him.I remember when Shai was pregnant,and I sang to him.Shai said that it was the most beautiful moment ever.

As I'm singing,he gurgles after each lyric,or kicks his feet.I smile each time he does that.Maybe he'll sing,just like I did.

When I finish singing,he starts to whimper again.

"You want me to sing again Ash?"I say.

He stops whimpering.

I smile,"Ok,only for you."

I start to sing again.

He does the same things as last time.

Shai comes downstairs.She smiles at us.