Chapter twenty-one: a pebble at my window

A/N Alex's bedroom at the top!

Alex's POV

It was 11:47 pm, I was sitting on my bed, listening to Avril Lavigne and reading a random book on wattPad. Right after the party earlier, I was thinking about what Rodrick had told me what had happened before I walked in on... well, the kiss.

I knew Heather would do practically anything for drama, I really didn't think the drama was going to be set on me and Rodrick with our relationship. I reached into my pocket and pulled out the promise ring. Me and Rodrick had been together since Junior year and on my sixteenth birthday he gave me this. The small diamond in it was glittering due to the lamp's light from the nightstand.

I set my blue headsets down for a moment, to hear a loud tap coming from the room. I looked around and my eyes landed at my window, which was right by my white desk.

A pebble was tossed at it again, making that tapping sound. I set my laptop down, got up, and slowly walked over to the window with my crutches.

When I looked, I was expecting a serial killer holding a sign that said 'I know what you did last summer', but to see Rodrick standing next to the big oak tree in my backyard.

I looked at him, a What-are-you-doing look plastered on my face before I opened the window. "What on earth are you doing here?"

"If I said, 'I came here to see you', would it be a bit clique?" He replied. Taking a quick second to think about it, I nodded my head in a 'short of' manner.

"Can I come up?" He asked again, taking a few steps towards the small porch that mom had built under my window. Besides its use for my mom's graveyard of a dead garden, it finally can be useful for something els.

"Alright," I said, as he started to climb the pole like a monkey. Once he reach me window, I help him in. Only for us to fall on my bedroom floor, with Rodrick being on top of me.

"S-sorry!" We both said at the same time, embarrassed as all get out. Luckily for the both of us, my mom is a heavy sleeper and is most likely sleeping due to the time being 11:57.

We both got up, Rodrick helping me up due to my broken leg, he set me down on my bed and he sat down on one of my light blue bean-bags. "So you came here to see me?" I asked after a long minute of awkward silence.

"Yeah. And I know it's sudden to see this early after we talked about what had happened. I just... really missed you..." He replied, saying the last part really quietly.

I felt the heat rising to my cheeks, I looked at him to him blushing a little. We sat there in silence again, you could practically feel the awkwardness in the room. Rodrick then notice that it was 12:01 from my alarm clock, and then got up.

"I should go, umm... see you tomorrow I guess?" He said, making his way over to the window.

"Y-yeah, see ya." I said, looking at him.

Before he even got out, he came back in and gave me a kiss on the cheek, and went back out the window. I put my hand where he kissed me, and looked at the window.

Rodrick's POV

I know it was short of a risk of giving her a kiss, but I just miss her so much and want- no, need her in my arms again. When I walked over to the gate that went to the front yard, I heard a light knock from above.

I looked, and saw Alex waving at me, a small smile on her face. Waving back with the same small smile, I went home, hoping that she'll forgive me.

A/N SORRY FOR THE LONG UPDATE!!! IT TOOK ME AWHILE ON HOW I SHOULD END THIS CHAPTER AND HOPEFULLY YOU LIKE IT!!! LEAVE A VOTE OR COMMENT ON WHAT YOU GUYS THINK!!! BYE~!